Software Engineer (Listing Management)
TripAdvisor, Lisbon, Portugal, Ottawa, ON, Oxford, United Kingdom
Know better. Book better. Go better.
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Hospitality Solutions is one of five pillars within Tripadvisor Engineering. It is responsible for building a suite of products that serves restaurant owners and hoteliers alike, and enables them to market their businesses online. We are looking for a full-stack software engineer who can help to build the product suite. As a self-starting and results-driven engineer, you will collaborate with the team’s Product Manager and UX Designer to bring key features to market. An ideal candidate will have experience building and operating one or more web frameworks such as Django or Flask in a cloud environment.
As a Software Engineer, you will independently develop features in support of our products across all layers of the stack. You will be responsible for designing relational databases, microservices, APIs, and interactive user interfaces. Through your work you will grow expertise in one or more technologies and share your learnings with your team. You will be responsible for testing the software you write and will maintain your features once released. As a Software Engineer, you will actively provide code reviews to your peers, ensuring that team standards and best practices are adhered to. Similarly, you will actively seek feedback from your peers and promote a collaborative and fast-paced engineering culture.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Experience working with configuration management and Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Expertise with AWS computing and previous experience with operating services in production.
- Design and implement the technical solutions for projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Be responsible for the quality of code you ship
- Actively provide feedback on best practices and design patterns to your peers in the form of code reviews
- Evaluate current development and web operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency and repeatability.
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner and consumer-facing features
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one