Associate Director of Product Management, Recommendations
TripAdvisor, US Remote
Know better. Book better. Go better.
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is the world’s largest information platform for travel. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to our site and apps each month to discover and book the best things to do, places to eat, and accommodations. The B2C team is looking for a highly motivated Associate Director to join in our mission to create deep engagement with travelers as they plan their trip. If you are ready to bring your ‘A’ game every day, read on and let’s connect.
Ideal candidates for this role will have a passion for travel, a desire to identify, measure, and solve user pain points with creative solutions, and an unrelenting enthusiasm for implementing user-focused features that drive customer loyalty and bottom line growth. You’ll work with our Machine Learning and Engineering teams to build solutions that make the trip planning and trip discovery process easy, intuitive and fun for the Trip Advisor user. You’ll also help push towards a modern, flexible personalization platform that can be leveraged across the Trip Advisor ecosystem.
The role will be located in our Needham, MA office. As a part of the team, you’ll be surrounded by talented, passionate, and fun folks who are all eagerly working together to create a delightful and assistive experience for all types of travelers.
What you’ll do:
- As the owner of your product, you’ll wear any and all hats necessary to make your product the best possible. You’ll own the feature & platform roadmap, performance measurement & testing, user research, make informed tactical decisions and communicate your vision and progress to your stakeholders
- Own the recommendations we make in email, upper funnel & lower funnel site pages, app
- Find opportunities to make the platform that serves recommendations flexible and easy to use
- Lead a cross-functional team of analysts, researchers, data scientists and engineers to build and deliver platforms and features that impacts millions of users
- Understand and vet algorithmic solutions to complex, data heavy problems - working with the machine learning team to build, QA, and release those solutions.
- Communicate and build internal alignment around your product roadmap
- Create detailed specifications for your new product ideas and supervise the creation, testing, and roll out plans.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of product experience, preferably in a technical, data science heavy online problem space
- Understanding of algorithmic techniques to solving problems with large data sets (e.g., regressions, random forests, collaborative filtering, etc.)
- Strong understanding of A/B testing methodology and experience running tests
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills. Process-driven and detail-oriented.
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development and seeks feedback. Can acknowledge mistakes when relevant, learn from those mistakes and move forward productively.
- Self-motivated worker with entrepreneurial passion. Proven creative problem-solving and innovative mindset.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors; motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.