TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 500 million travellers each month.
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We are building an entirely new subscription product, Plus, that provides members with exclusive travel discounts and upgrades to enhance their stay. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the engineering team and help us envision, design, and build the technical systems to deliver this highly visible, high impact project.
Plus is a large-scale program that spans both web and native app, and you will have the ownership and autonomy to build the supporting technical systems in partnership with the product management, analytics, and machine learning teams. We have an ambitious and exciting roadmap for 2021 and beyond. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on both engineering and the business with a globally recognized leader in travel.
A successful candidate will be passionate about data, thrive in a fast-moving environment, bring a deep understanding of agile processes and have the ability to collaborate across teams and drive the rapid decision-making necessary to move and iterate quickly.
Qualified candidates will have significant prior successes and relevant background including:
- 6+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience, ideally with a highly trafficked consumer-facing web site
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- An understanding of what is required to build efficient, scalable, decoupled, testable and maintainable code
- A proven track record of successfully delivering complex technology-focused projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, and intellectual curiosity
- The ability to balance strategic technical innovation with pragmatic maintain-and-extend solutions
- A desire to work in a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- An urgent desire to "get things done"
- Startup experience is a definite plus
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Employee assistance program
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected].
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.