iOS - Senior and Principal Level Engineers
TripAdvisor, Ottawa, ON
Know better. Book better. Go better.
Join our mobile development teams and help build one of the world’s largest, consumer facing apps. We see 390 million unique visitors on a monthly basis with nearly half of those coming from mobile devices.
Our mission is to inspire and enable people to confidently explore, experience, and share our world. Our mobile teams have a unique opportunity to engage with our users throughout the entire travel experience.
Our senior and principal level engineers provide technical thought leadership, drive architectural decisions and shape our development practices to enable our teams to rapidly deliver the most engaging experience to millions of TripAdvisor mobile users.
- Responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance
- Develop, deploy and maintain the consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor native iOS App
- Design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Ownership for the code quality on your team
- Mentor more junior developers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of iOS experience
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and databases
- Excellent iOS and Swift programming skills
- Understanding of design and implementation challenges/opportunities of mobile devices
- Experience shipping mobile products at scale
- Familiarity with iOS design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager, Analytics Products
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Software Engineer (NYC)
Lyft, New York, NY
Social Media Manager
Slack, San Francisco
Upload Engineering Internship - Summer 2018
Vimeo, New York, NY
Software QA Automation Engineer
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Software Engineer, Growth Experiments
Evernote, Redwood City, CA