Partnerships Business Development Executive
TripAdvisor, Tokyo, Japan
Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor is seeking an experienced Business Development Executive to join our APAC Partnership team to help us meet our growing Japan team goal. This is an exciting opportunity to support TripAdvisor Japan moving to the next level working together with our partners.
The role is focused on business development and you will concentrate your work on researching and identifying target companies and organizations, creating contacts with identified organizations, and presenting TripAdvisor to the relevant contacts as well as managing partnerships deal with key partners.
This role requires excellent sales and communications skills as well as effective relationship-building talents. This role also will involve working in a fast-paced, online environment. You will need a hands-on approach and the ability to multi-task and think creatively, and will bring strong organizational and analytical skills to support a results oriented team.
What You Will Do
Work with the Partnerships team across APAC to meet the team’s goals by:
- Researching and identifying relevant organisations and contacts in Japan to meet TripAdvisor’s Japan objectives in display and collection of content
- Engaging prospects and clients in travel and related industries from airlines, NTOs, OTAs, hotels, media etc. to initiate or develop contacts
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Closing deals that bring value to TripAdvisor for branding, content collection, incremental traffic & revenue and/or member acquisition.
- Managing partner implementations and technical solutions to ensure compliance with brand and partnership guidelines
- Supporting the Japan Business Development Manager for achieving Japan territory goal
- Being responsible for achieving set targets in line with Japan territory goals
- Working with relevant internal content, marketing, PR to assist in developing appropriate content for key partners
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 5+ years sales and or business development experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Target driven, results/detail oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to work independently without supervision
- Enjoys problem solving and motivated in using technical solutions creatively to effect successful launch of products
- Self-motivated, thorough and attentive to details with ability to prioritise multiple priorities in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Enjoys meeting people, professional presentation and communications skills
- Willingness to travel for work when required
- Fluent in English and Japanese
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Manager
Meetup, New York
Proposal and Capture Legal Strategist
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Business Development Representative
Ematic Solutions, Singapore
Business Development and Channel Manager - Sydney
Elastic, Sydney, Australia