Senior Business Analyst, Sales Analytics
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Know better. Book better. Go better.
As Senior Business Analyst, Sales Analytics, you will leverage data to deliver analysis and insight that will contribute to driving revenue growth for TripAdvisor’s sales teams. You will work closely with sales leadership, finance, compensation and analytics teams as well as other stakeholders across the business. TripAdvisor provides a unique work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a start-up, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
What You Will Do
- Deliver business insight both proactively and reactively, to help sales-leadership make decisions that will maximize revenue. This work will be ad-hoc in nature and form a significant part of the role.
- Conduct proactive sales performance analysis to measure effectiveness of a large international field sales team.
- Support sales compensation targeting & measurement for a large global field sales organization.
- Analyse and draw insights from client revenue trends across our diverse product set
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and collaborate with other teams within the business to achieve your goals.
- Act as a point person for ad-hoc revenue analysis & troubleshooting of revenue related questions from senior management.
- Foster a strong partnership between Finance & Sales to enable a productive relationship.
- Monitor and identify any irregularities in data that may help to identify issues with products or operational processes. Recommend process improvements where necessary.
- Balance your investment of time with the appropriate level of detail, relevancy and accuracy required to achieve the business goals.
- Drive efficiency & automation in everything you do.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst in an ecommerce organization responsible for revenue reporting, pricing modeling and yield management.
- Proficient in SQL, R and SAS
- Pricing Modeling and Yield Management skills
- Proficient in Tableau (or other similar data visualization tools) to analyze data and publish self-service dashboards
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Confidence presenting & communicating revenue insights to leadership teams.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight targeted to your audience, that can be understood clearly.
- You will apply strong written, verbal, and data presentation skills to explain revenue trends and insights to non-technical executive audiences.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to changing priorities. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo. You will drive your own career progression.
- Professional maturity required along with great people and relationship skills.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills.
- The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and tenacity while working independently. Must be comfortable in a goal-driven and results-oriented environment requiring little supervision and the willingness to be accountable for analysis and resulting recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments, and team leaders within the business to achieve your objectives.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com
Jobs You May Like
Regional Sales Manager (San Francisco, Bay Area)
PlanGrid, San Francisco, CA
Senior Enterprise Account Executive
QuanticMind, Redwood City
Sales Enablement and Onboarding Manager
ZeroCater, San Francisco, CA
Director, Federal Sales
Rapid7, Washington DC
Entry-Level Technical Sales Specialist (Client-Facing)
IBM, Multiple Cities
Manager, Single Case Contracting
Oscar, New York, NY