Are you a developer with a proven track record who wants to do more than write code all day? Do you run your own servers at home and think about running them professionally? Are you passionate about technology and enjoy improving the engineering culture? TripAdvisor, the world's largest and most trusted travel media site, is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to scale our systems to support our global operations.
- Achieve expert-level understanding of TripAdvisor systems, code, and infrastructure
- Assist and supervise others in maintaining and augmenting development systems
- Move key components of the dev, build and CI infrastructure to kubernetes and docker
- Be ultimately responsible for the correct operations of key infrastructure, driving strategic improvements to ensure scalability
- Research, qualify, write, and deploy new tools and systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in an operations role supporting a 24/7 production environment, or ownership of personal internet-accessible servers operating 24/7
- Organized, good attention to details, and able to work both independently and with a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced operations environment with frequent interruptions and irregular hours
- Strong written and verbal communications in English
- Experience with a full web serving stack, including databases, logging, and monitoring
- Professional experience managing development tools including revision control systems and continuous integration environments
- Knowledge of performance tuning and system load assessment
The qualified individual will be a part of a world-class engineering team in our operations department, where we move fast and reward attitude and ability. Your expertise will help TripAdvisor to continue to be a trusted source of information for our 390M+ monthly visitors, who count on our 500M+ reviews and opinions. We've built an open, flexible, and collaborative work culture, with the benefits of being a growing, financially successful business.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Core Services
JW Player, New York
Security Research Intern
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Document Control Specialist
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Part Time Front End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Austin
Cybersecurity/Mfg. SW Engineering Technology Specialist
EnerNOC, US- Remote
Technical Integration Engineer
Tradeshift, Bucharest, Romania