TripAdvisor is the world’s most visited travel website and a leader in user-generated content. Every month, more than 60 Million people from around the world come to TripAdvisor to plan their trip and share their travel experiences with others. With offices in six countries, over 30% growth last year, and more than 3,000 employees, few companies can rival
TripAdvisor’s tremendous brand and global presence! TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions. We take pride in our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and are looking for a superstar to add to our high-performing team. As the newest addition to the Flights team, you will be leading our SEO efforts for the Flights segment and SeatGuru. This is an amazing opportunity to make a difference to the entrepreneurial Flights team, which is looking to grow at successful start-up speeds.
What Will You Learn?
- SEO: You will learn how to optimize our site to improve our reach on Google and Bing. You will track traffic patterns, research keywords users are searching for, and analyze Year over Year data to determine how to make our pages rank higher on Google’s Search Results Page
- Travel Industry: While your goal will be to increase SEO traffic to TripAdvisor, you will get the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the Travel Industry (e.g. Competitor Analysis, Top Destinations by Market, etc.) You will then leverage your findings to optimize our site to reflect market demand.
- Other Skills: At TripAdvisor, we emphasize quantitative analysis and thorough experimentation. You will learn how to gather the preliminary data to build an experiment and how to subsequently analyze these results. We move quickly! Within weeks you will be writing specs, running tests, analyzing results, and making decisions that have real effects on revenue and profit for the company.
Why Work Here?
- Start-up Atmosphere with a Big Name Brand: At TripAdvisor you get all the pros of being at a start-up, while enjoying the resources of a global powerhouse. TripAdvisor features a casual work atmosphere, free lunch 5 days a week, a game room that includes ping pong and pool tables, and our full on-site gym.
- We don’t Bite: We pride ourselves on being a collaborative, flat organization. Questions are always welcome and everyone is very approachable. It is our goal for you to always feel like part of the team.
- We Love our Work: Don’t you want to work at a company where everyone is passionate about what they do? We love what we do and we want you to love it as well. What Are We Looking For?
What Are We Looking For?
- Academics: Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering, or Math. Other majors are welcome to apply, but please emphasize your quantitative skills in your cover letter.
- Strong Analytical & Data Skills: You enjoy working with data and spreadsheets and are comfortable with math. You must be very comfortable with SQL and Excel and be eager to get better. Vlookups, Pivot Tables, If Statements, etc. are part of your daily life so learn to love them!
- Professional Experience: 3-4 Years of experience in an analytical, data driven role (e.g. Consulting, Finance, Marketing Analytics, SEM, etc.)
- Tech / web-savvy: You have a natural curiosity about web companies, new start-ups, and the travel world. Existing knowledge of SEO, SEM and HTML is also a plus. If you’ve built your own website and tried to make it rank on Google – that’s even better!
- Striving to Get Better: We expect you to be smart, hard-working, detail-oriented, organized, and motivated. You should constantly be looking for ways to improve on your skills and look for ways to add value to the team
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com
Jobs You May Like
Market Manager - St. Louis
Lyft, St. Louis, MO
Marketing Automation Manager
Evernote, Redwood City
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
ModCloth, San Francisco, CA
Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Consumer PR - Latin America
Netflix, Alphaville, Brazil
Senior Ad Review Specialist
Snap Inc., London, UK