Want to work in our fast-growing, in-house vacation vacation-rentals engineering group, building projects from scratch and owning their success and growth?
The TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals organization is a separate business unit comprised of three offices located in Oxford UK, Boston MA, and Needham MA. Our growing team offers exciting growth opportunities for its engineers. Our team is responsible for the entirety of the vacation rental marketplace; owners, travelers, finance, and customer support. We are responsible for building and maintaining the underlying systems that power the common supply platform as well as all of the distribution points of sale and customer service tools.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
Sound good...? Here's what you will work on:
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, the middle-tier, and backend services, down to the database
- Be responsible for the code quality on your team
- Mentor more junior developers
- Work within engineering and product to help develop high quality deliverables to our customers
- Work with other vacation rental groups located throughout the world
What will land you this sweet gig is having...
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in software development
- Experience in developing scalable code for high-volume systems
- Solid understanding of first class object-oriented language such as Java or C#.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented architectures
- Familiarity with Linux or Windows and its standard utilities
- An understanding of AJAX and other Web 2.0 technologies
- Understanding of and ability to work with databases using SQL
- The ability to communicate well, be committed to delivering quality work on an aggressive schedule, and to function independently as well as part of a team
- Skills to document code faithfully and take good coding practices seriously
- Prior experience in small start-up environment a plus
- Driven results within a strong, talented, opinionated team, and have a solid track record of project delivery
- Proven that you are a leader who prioritizes, communicates clearly, and partners effectively with both technical and non-technical employees
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer II - Infrastructure
BounceX, New York
Senior Software Engineer - Partner Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Weedmaps, Tucson, Arizona, United States
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Collaborative Editing team
Senior Software Engineer, Windows
Evernote, Redwood City, CA