Software Engineer - Full Stack - (Senior and Principal Levels)
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Know better. Book better. Go better.
The lifeblood of TripAdvisor Engineering
TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world. We get millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis. To make that possible and to provide the best possible experience, we rely on great engineers. For us, people who own their work, from start to finish, are integral. Our engineers are part of the process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration. You can, and will, touch every level of the code depending on the day and what project you are working on.
Engineers work on game changing features that are seen by millions of people a day. Some examples of those are:
- Adding panoramic photos to our site: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60745-d258705-Reviews-Hotel_Commonwealth-Boston_Massachusetts.html#photos
- Creating and rolling out our Instant Book platform to the entire world
- Redesigning the pages that drive the most revenue for the company to optimize both user satisfaction and revenue for the company.
As a software engineer at TripAdvisor, you at to provide technical leadership in an environment that moves fast (weekly release), collaborates between teams and team members, and that expects you to own your projects.
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place. Technical focus includes full stack web development, reporting, analytics, web security, ecommerce, user interface (UI), and user experience (UX) development. We optimize the site with an iterative, agile, and data-driven approach by running several concurrent A/B tests a week. TripAdvisor is built on a massively scaled infrastructure and utilizes modern web technologies to create a cutting edge product.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Has in-depth technical experience with full stack server side and web development
- Prior experience in a startup a plus
- Design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Be responsible for the code quality on your team
- Mentor more junior developers
- Develop, deploy and maintain the consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor native iOS and/or Android App
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com
Jobs You May Like
Manager, UI Engineering - TV
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Corp Client Platform Engineer - Mac Ops
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland
Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Zype, New York, NY
Site Reliability Engineer
Vimeo, New York, NY
Java Software Engineer
1stdibs, New York
Sr Software Engineer, Text-to-Speech
i.am+ Hollywood HQ, Hollywood