We're on the look-out for an ambitious and enthusiastic Systems Administrator to enhance our dynamic and growing team. Our systems are predominantly Linux-based but knowledge of and a willingness to work with Windows will be an advantage. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and an easy-going team player. You must thrive in a fast-paced, start-up type environment and be able to ensure delivery of reliable systems to tight deadlines.
- Helping to ensure the reliable operation of our production websites
- Provisioning new servers, virtual machines and networking as required
- Provisioning and rebuilding of development and test environments
- Improving the efficiency of operations through automation.
- Supporting development and QA departments in developing the DevOps role
- Deployment and design of production environments
- Supporting integration with partner websites and services
- Add and refine logging, monitoring and alerting to our systems.
- On-call rotation for the main sites and applications
- 3+ year’s equivalent commercial experience of Linux systems administration.
- Automation and orchestration skills using Puppet or similar
- Knowledge of Linux, including configuration and performance tuning (CentOS preferred)
- Skilled with Linux kernel, tools, security procedures, debugging networking & application issues. (rpmbuild, strace, netstat, jstack, jmap)
- Ability to script in a standard shell and at least one interpreted language (e.g. Perl/Python/Ruby)
- Experience using MySQL in a high-availability environment.
- Configuration and deployment of Nginx & PHP-FPM.
- Configuration of message queuing software, preferably ActiveMQ
- Configuration and management of enterprise firewall and networking equipment
- Strong CI experience using Jenkins
- Familiarity with Mercurial or git version control systems
- Experience with Application Monitoring such as New Relic or Appdynamics
- Experience of Icinga2 or a similar server monitoring system
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Experience of RPM packaging and unattended installations.
- Experience working in high transaction environment
- Experience with server virtualization; knowledge of Xen & KVM.
- Docker Experience
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit http://www.tripadvisor.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Development Engineer in Test Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Codecademy Advisor: Web Development
Program Manager - Information Security
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Infrastructure Developer (DevOps) (m/w)
Senior Firmware Engineer, Devices
Tile, San Mateo, CA
Lead Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX