Technical Manager – Application Security
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Know better. Book better. Go better.
TripAdvisor is seeking an experienced security focused technical manager to join our Technology and Infrastructure group. In this role your charter will be to build and lead a team tasked with ensuring that TripAdvisor’s website is secure from external abuse and appropriately protects our users’ data. You will identify and lead efforts to develop and maintain the processes and monitoring necessary to identify security vulnerabilities within the TripAdvisor site. Additionally, you will provide security guidance to our engineering and product teams in support of their products.
What You Will Do
- Build and lead the Application Security Engineering team for TripAdvisor.
- Identify software security vulnerabilities within TripAdvisor and articulate their importance and relevance to our business.
- Propose and build new tools/infrastructure to make application security easy for TripAdvisor engineers.
- Define software development policy and govern implementation to assure adherence to standards.
- Work with TripAdvisor IT, Operations Staff, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to prevent and resolve issues.
- Active interest in promoting security awareness and mentor members of the development teams on company security standards, including secure coding guidelines.
- Analyze industry trends and incorporate into roadmaps for security strategy.
- Ensure security strategy is aligned with business strategy and overall company direction.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience applying security practices to software development, with at least 2 years managing a team.
- You can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capability daily.
- You have the ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions.
- You have successfully hired and built teams including interviewing, on-boarding, and mentoring.
- In-depth knowledge of common Internet vulnerabilities and techniques to identify and fix them.
- Java or C++ development experience in a UNIX or Linux environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Contributions to the security community are a plus.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers, with 500 million reviews and opinions covering 7 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions, and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features — checking more than 200 websites to help travelers find and book today's lowest hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 390 million average unique monthly visitors** in 49 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
Want to learn more about TripAdvisor? Visit TripAdvisor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Engineering Manager - Ad Tech
Foursquare, New York
Product Manager, Micro-service
Pivotal Software, Beijing
Senior Software Engineer
Indiegogo, San Francisco
Software Engineer Intern
Multiply, St. Louis, MO
Associate Software Development Engineer in Test
Peloton, NY HQ
Production Support Engineer LATAM, Production Technologies
Netflix, Alphaville, Brazil