TripleLift is seeking an experienced engineering manager to lead our backend engineering team. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As an engineering manager, you will be leading the team that’s building key components of our application - ranging from our Real Time Bidding exchange, to our data pipeline that’s collecting and processing these events, to our computer vision and image serving. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the quality and productivity of our engineering team remains high and shape its future as we continue growing.
TripleLift is the technology company that invents, powers and scales ads that earn consumer attention.
Having set the standard for respectful advertising, the company leverages its dynamic templating and computer vision technologies to flawlessly deliver and scale in-feed native ads, branded content experiences and programmatic OTT brand integrations that match the look and feel of the content that is being consumed. TripleLift is reshaping the digital advertising landscape with consumer centric advertising that drives results for advertisers and unlocks new revenue streams for digital media publishers, app developers and television networks.
Headquartered in New York City, TripleLift has offices across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about TripleLift, please visit triplelift.com
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The web development team primarily uses the following technologies at TripleLift:
- Java 8
- Open source: Netty, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Airflow, Druid
- MySQL for the primary DB supporting our API
- MongoDB for secondary data stores and caching
- Redshift and S3 for big data storage
- Amazon Web Services to keep everything humming
- Architect applications from the ground up, with a focus on extensibility and scalability, and scaling our systems to handle 10x the current volume
- Work with product to prioritize projects and initiatives for the backend engineering team
- Manage a team that’s responsible for our real time bidding exchange, bidder, data pipeline, and computer vision offering
- Invest in making our data platform scalable and as real time as possible
- Dive in and help the team diagnose and resolve hairy technical issues
- Work closely with our product and solutions teams to deliver new products and ensure the success of our customers’ campaigns
- Recruit and build a high caliber engineering team
Desired Skills and Attributes
- History of leading engineering teams to deliver successful products
- Experience working on distributed and high load systems
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical programming skills utilizing a variety of different coding languages and tools
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Proven academic and/or professional achievement
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related discipline is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
- 2+ year managing a software engineering team.
- 6+ years acting as an individual contributor writing high scale systems
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA non-exempt role.
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.
Want to learn more about TripleLift? Visit TripleLift's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Early in Career Lead
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Partner Program Architect - Employee Experience
Qualtrics, Provo, UT
Site Reliability Engineer
Peloton, NY HQ
Sr. Dialer Administrator (Five9)
Beyond, Houston, TX
Lead Architect - Offboard Software
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles