TripleLift is seeking an experienced senior data engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a senior data engineer, you will be responsible for leading our data team which is tasked with building and improving our data pipeline and reporting infrastructure. This team supports a variety of applications – a batch data pipeline in Spark, a streaming data pipeline using VoltDB, and the corresponding set of data driven APIs and front end components.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The data engineering team primarily uses the following technologies:
- Apache Spark & Scala for our batch data processing framework
- Java & VoltDB for our sub second real-time data pipeline
- PHP7 & Symfony to power our reporting API’s
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus
- Redshift & Druid as our main data stores
- Amazon Web Services, Docker, Mesos, & Marathon to power our services
- Building a real time data pipeline to process tens of thousands of events a second with latency measured in milliseconds
- Rebuild our Spark data pipeline to make it more extensible, maintainable, and scalable
- Take our monolithic API system and split it out reporting into a microservice based system built from scratch to power all our reporting, scheduling, and alerting needs.
- Experience in either of the following:
- Large scale distributed data processing & pipelining
- Building out Asynchronous API’s and services
- Experience with an RDBMS such as PGSQL or MySQL
- Experience with an object oriented language such as Java or PHP
- Experience with a functional based language such as Scala
- Experience with a distributed data processing framework such as Spark
- Experience building out RESTful APIs
- Experience with distributed data bases such as Druid or VoltDB
- Basic frontend knowledge and competencies
- Familiarity with Lambda architecture
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related discipline is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
At least 5 years of working in a professional, collaborative environment .
New York, NY
Engineering at TripleLift
The formal engineering department is filled with dedicated, smart, and hardworking individuals who take a great deal of pride in their work. Some of the reasons we all enjoy working here:
- You get ownership and accountability for projects and have a voice in how the work happens
- Part of a small team that oversees a critical and high volume application
- An emphasis on collaboration and learning over pure short-term output
- Innovation is baked into how we operate; we love new ideas and always willing to change
- Dedicated time set aside each week to pair with others to learn or experiment
- Team social events such as cooking classes, D&D, and gaming nights
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA non-exempt role.
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.
Want to learn more about TripleLift? Visit TripleLift's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer (Cloud)
Turbonomic, Tel Aviv
Software Engineer - Web Applications
Checkr, San Francisco
Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure (Senior/Staff/Principal)
Okta, San Francisco,CA or San Jose,CA or Bellevue,WA or Toronto,CAN
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Teachable, New York, NY