TripleLift is seeking an experienced Director of Engineering to build out our engineering team in Waterloo. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As our first Director of Engineering in Waterloo, you will be responsible for recruiting, growing, and managing the team that’s building a new and quickly-growing business line, called ContentDial, which is a recently launched branded content marketplace that facilitates transactions in walled garden environments, such as Facebook and Instagram.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The development team primarily uses the following technologies at TripleLift:
- Backend: Java 8, PHP 7, Node/TypeScript
- Frontend: React/TypeScript
- Amazon Web Services to keep everything humming
- Recruit and build a high caliber engineering team
- Work with product to prioritize projects and initiatives for the ContentDial business line
- Collaborate with the technical teams in other offices to ensure standards are aligned across the entire organization
- Architect and design highly scalable and performant applications
- Dive in and help the team diagnose and resolve hairy technical issues
Desired Skills and Attributes
- History of leading engineering teams to deliver successful products
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical programming skills utilizing a variety of different coding languages and tools
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven academic and/or professional achievement
- Experience leading a satellite engineer team is a strong plus
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related discipline is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
- 4+ years managing a software engineering team
- 4+ years acting as an individual contributor working on web applications
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- Retirement benefits
- Ongoing professional development
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA non-exempt role.
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.