TripleLift is seeking an experienced data engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a data engineer, you will be responsible for building and improving our data pipeline and reporting infrastructure. This role consists of a variety of responsibilities from building out our large scale data pipelines to building and managing a set of data driven API’s with the corresponding front end components.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The data engineering team primarily uses the following technologies:
- Apache Spark & Scala for our core data processing framework
- Java & VoltDB to process to power our sub second real-time data pipeline\
- PHP7 & Symfony to power our reporting API’s
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power are message bus
- Redshift/Snowflake & Druid as our main data stores
- Amazon Web Services, Docker, Mesos, & Marathon to power our services
Current Projects / Expected Responsibilities
- Build out TripleLift’s real time data pipeline to support bringing all the data and metrics in our system up to date with latency measured in milliseconds
- Rebuild our spark pipeline to make it more extensible, maintainable, and scalable
- Take our monolithic API system and split it out reporting into a microservice based system built from scratch to power all our reporting, scheduling, and alerting needs.
- Experience in either of the following:
- Large scale distributed data processing & pipelining
- Building out Asynchronous API’s and services
- Experience with RDBMS such as PGSQL
- Experience working with queues or other messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Experience with a object oriented language such as Java or PHP
- Experience with a functional based language such as Scala
- Experience with a distributed data processing framework such as Spark
- Experience building out RESTful APIs
- Experience with distributed data bases such as Druid, VoltDB, Snowflake, or Cassandra
- Basic frontend knowledge and competencies
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science,or a related discipline is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
At least 2 years of working in a professional, collaborative environment.
New York, NY
Engineering at TripleLift
The formal engineering department is filled with dedicated, smart, and hardworking individuals who take a great deal of pride in their work. Some of the reasons we all enjoy working here:
- You get ownership and accountability for projects and have a voice in how the work happens
- An onus on collaboration and learning over pure short-term output
- Innovation is baked into how we operate; we’re accepting of new ideas and opened to change
- Dedicated time set aside each week to pair with others to learn or experiment
- Team social events such as cooking classes, D&D, and gaming nights
TripleLift makes native advertising simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's website. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world's biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advertising.
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing companies - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Crain’s Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies - 2018 Inc.
- Crain’s Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2017, 2018
- CEO & Co Founder Eric Berry won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 New York Marketing and Advertising Award
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.
Want to learn more about TripleLift? Visit TripleLift's website.
Jobs You May Like