TripleLift is looking for an experienced lead data engineer to join our team full-time. We are a fast-growing startup in the advertising technology sector, tackling some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a lead data engineer, you will lead our data team which builds and improves our data pipeline and reporting infrastructure. This team supports a variety of applications – a Lambda architecture pipeline in Spark, a dependency and scheduling system using Airflow, and the corresponding set of data-driven APIs and front-end components. You will report directly into the Manager of Backend Engineering.
TripleLift is the technology company that invents, powers and scales ads that earn consumer attention.
Having set the standard for respectful advertising, we use our dynamic templating and computer vision technologies to provide and scale in-feed native ads, branded content experiences and programmatic OTT brand integrations that match the look and feel of the content that are consumed. TripleLift is reshaping the digital advertising landscape with consumer centric advertising that inspires results for advertisers and unlocks new revenue streams for digital media publishers, app developers and television networks.
Headquartered in New York City, TripleLift has offices across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about TripleLift, please visit triplelift.com
- Grow a mission critical codebase that’s at the heart of TripleLift’s value proposition;
- Contribute and monitor our data pipeline that handles billions of daily ad requests and more than a hundred unique daily events;
- Research and implement cutting edge technologies that improve the performance of our data pipeline;
- Design our systems that can handle an order of magnitude growth in data;
- Mentor others on the engineer team around data engineering best practices.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Experience working on big data engineering pipelines that required a distributed systems approach;
- knowledge of SQL for both transactional and analytical use cases;
- Experience with Spark and Scala;
- Comfortable working with queues or other messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka;
- Familiarity with a job scheduling and dependency system, such as Airflow;
- Knowledge of Druid is a big plus;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing important accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Solid understanding of different design patterns and their associated tradeoffs;
- Apache Spark & Scala for our Lambda architecture
- Airflow for our job scheduling and dependencies
- PHP7 & Symfony to power our reporting API’s
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus
- Redshift & Druid as our main data stores
- Amazon Web Services, Docker, & Kubernetes to power our services
Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience and 1+ years of lead experience.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity Options
- 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefits
- Weekly catered meals and endless snacks
- In-office yoga, bootcamp, massages
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
- Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing companies - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Crain’s Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies - 2018 Inc.
- Crain’s Fast 50, Fastest-Growing Companies in New York - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2017, 2018
- CEO & Co Founder Eric Berry won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 New York Marketing and Advertising Award
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.