TripleLift is seeking an experienced Senior Real Time Bidding Engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As an exchange engineer, you will be responsible for improving our exchange that’s handling billions of ad requests a day and quickly growing, optimizing our real time bidding logic, and enhancing our computer vision and image resizing technology that handles millions of unique image combinations a day.
TripleLift is the technology company that invents, powers and scales ads that earn consumer attention.
Having set the standard for respectful advertising, the company leverages its dynamic templating and computer vision technologies to flawlessly deliver and scale in-feed native ads, branded content experiences and programmatic OTT brand integrations that match the look and feel of the content that is being consumed. TripleLift is reshaping the digital advertising landscape with consumer centric advertising that drives results for advertisers and unlocks new revenue streams for digital media publishers, app developers and television networks.
Headquartered in New York City, TripleLift has offices across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about TripleLift, please visit triplelift.com
- Own a mission critical codebase that’s at the heart of TripleLift’s value proposition;
- Write maintainable and well tested code that will be executed billions of times a day and needs to respond in hundreds of milliseconds;
- Manage and actively monitor the health of our exchange which runs globally across multiple AWS regions and data centers;
- Research and implement cutting edge technologies that improve the performance of our exchange;
- Design systems for scale that can handle an order of magnitude growth in traffic;
- Mentor and coach others on the engineer team around Java and distributed systems best practices.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Experience in building out high performance APIs and services leveraging Java, experience with Netty and event-driven, non blocking applications is a bonus;
- Experience working on large scale systems and network heavy systems capable of handling billions of HTTP requests a day;
- Familiarity with in-memory key value stores such as Memcache, Redis or Aerospike
- Comfortable working with queues or other messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Solid understanding of different design patterns and their associated tradeoffs;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic.
- Java 8 & Netty to power our real time bidding ad exchange & large scale API
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus
- Memcached & Aerospike as our high speed datastores
- Amazon Web Services, Terraform, & Ansible to manage our deployment and infrastructure
Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience.
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Equity options
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing companies - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Crain’s Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies - 2018 Inc.
- Crain’s Fast 50, Fastest-Growing Companies in New York - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2017, 2018
- CEO & Co Founder Eric Berry won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 New York Marketing and Advertising Award
Note: TripleLift is dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email [email protected]lelift.com. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.