Solutions Engineers at TripleLift are entrepreneurially minded engineers who leverage their strong technical experience along with business acumen to help internal and external stakeholders achieve their goals. Whether writing APIs to allow partners to connect with TripleLift, analyzing the trove of TL data to identify liquidity enhancement opportunities, or meeting directly with partners to improve the platform, the Solutions Engineer is the jack-of-all-trades that owns and executes on the most important initiatives at TripleLift.
As the Lead Solutions Engineer, you are a player-coach who has had a history of honing and exercising technical, quantitative, and commercial capabilities to achieve material business outcomes. You are obsessed with understanding a partner’s business and the best mechanism of extending a platform to help them meet their needs. You tinker. You build. You deploy. You listen to provide feedback to help product and core engineering iterate on the product. You thrive in meetings -- whether a technical sync or commercial pitch -- by understanding your audience and modulating your delivery appropriately.
Additionally, you are a leader who is motivated by team success. You leverage your years of experience leading technical teams to energize your team to deliver at maximum potential. You then extend this potential. You protect your team. You relish coaching, provide consistent and actionable feedback, and capitalize on every opportunity to increase productivity. Reporting into the Solutions Engineering Manager, you create the environment needed to make our partners and and our people as successful as possible.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
- Working directly with advertiser or publisher partners to deploy commercial and technical solutions that enables them to achieve their goals;
- Generating technical mapping with our partners, understanding their technical stack, creating the roadmap, and establishing a cadence of interface;
- Utilize dashboarding and data to understand the liquidity flow of TL and partner success -- automated where possible;
- Design custom solutions for partners, including designing, implementing, and deploying the solutions;
- Pair with product & core engineering teams to ensure partner initiatives are executed;
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of partner engineers in their deployments
- Provide feedback to the org lead in creating the most productive environment for the group
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated work ethic and capability to be self-starter
- Demonstrated experience working with top tier clients in understanding their businesses and crafting technical solutions using both off-the-shelf products as well as custom solutions.
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand;
- Excellent quantitative skills and comfort with data exploration tools such as Excel, numpy, R, Spark/Scala, etc;
- Demonstrated experience in owning projects end to end that involves coordinating many resources and teams;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues;
- Ability to work under intense pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to energize and lead a team of partner engineers
- Studies in computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics or technical field
- Studies in advertising, communications, marketing, or other discipline with demonstrated technical exposure
- Strong management philosophy
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of work experience in customer support, technical solutions, engineering, technical partnerships within advertising industry
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance based bonuses
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Equity options
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Free yoga lessons, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
- Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing companies - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Crain’s Fast 50, Fastest-Growing Companies in New York - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Crain’s Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies - 2018 Inc.
- CEO & Co-Founder Eric Berry won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 New York Marketing and Advertising Award
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.