Lead Full Stack Engineer, Video Software & Infrastructure
TripleLift, New York, New York
The Evolution of Display
TripleLift is looking for a full stack software engineer to build out tools and infrastructure for video processing systems that will support computer vision and ML models, automated video compositing, and inserting ad markers into content. (Note: this role is not an ML role).
You will be building out the tools and full stack infrastructure that will set the foundation of our newest business line, OTT (over-the-top TV) integrated marketing formats. The software you write will support and interact with computer vision and ML models.
An example of our OTT integrated market formats is dynamic product placement, where a product featured in a TV scene is targeted to the individual viewer (e.g. one viewer sees a Coke bottle in the scene; another viewer sees a Sprite bottle).
You will work with our CV/ML engineers, VFX artists and OTT solutions engineers to write software that supports, empowers and scales their work.
You will work with our CV/ML engineers, VFX artists and OTT solutions engineers to write software that supports, empowers and scales their work. Some examples include:
- Building and maintain video processing infrastructure that ingests large amounts of video content and feeds it to our ML models with parallelization as a focus (you are not responsible for building ML models)
- Deploying code that automatically inserts and modifies ad insertion markers in video streaming content, as well as encodes video into various formats
- Writing software integrations with VFX tools such as Nuke to import and export data, such as color information, camera tracking information, etc.
- Deciding the best ways to scale large amounts of computing power on irregular schedules that optimally meet various demand
- Managing internally-facing and externally-facing API endpoints
- Ship reliable, scalable, efficient, and elegant code
- 7+ years of experience as a full stack engineer
- Experience with FFMPEG and other video processing and encoding tools
- Experience shipping production code
- Strong communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand
- Ability to work under intense pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Python & Open CV for image processing
- Python & Java to power core software and APIs
- Amazon Web Services & Terraform to manage our deployment and infrastructure
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance based bonuses
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Equity options
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Free yoga lessons, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
- Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest-growing companies - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Crain’s Best Places to Work - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies - 2018 Inc.
- Crain’s Fast 50, Fastest-Growing Companies in New York - 2017, 2018, 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2017, 2018
- CEO & Co Founder Eric Berry won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 New York Marketing and Advertising Award
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.