TripleLift, one of the fastest-growing ad tech companies in the world, is a technology company rooted at the intersection of creative and media. Its mission is to make advertising better for everyone— content owners, advertisers and consumers—by reinventing ad placement one medium at a time. With direct inventory sources, diverse product lines, and creative designed for scale using our Computer Vision technology, TripleLift is driving the next generation of programmatic advertising from desktop to television.
As of January 2020, TripleLift has recorded four years of consecutive growth of greater than 70 percent, and in 2019 added more than 150 jobs across its locations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. TripleLift is a Business Insider Hottest AdTech Company, Inc. Magazine 5000, Crain’s New York Fast 50, and Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Find more information about how TripleLift is shaping the future of advertising at triplelift.com.
TripleLift is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As an exchange engineer, you will be responsible for improving our exchange that’s handling billions of ad requests a day and quickly growing, optimizing our real time bidding logic, and enhancing our computer vision and image resizing technology that handles millions of unique image combinations a day.
- Own a mission critical codebase that’s at the heart of TripleLift’s value proposition;
- Write maintainable and well tested code that will be executed billions of times a day and needs to respond in hundreds of milliseconds;
- Manage and actively monitor the health of our exchange which runs globally across multiple AWS regions and data centers;
- Research and implement cutting edge technologies that improve the performance of our exchange;
- Design systems for scale that can handle an order of magnitude growth in traffic;
- Mentor and coach others on the engineer team around Java and distributed systems best practices.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Experience in building out high performance APIs and services leveraging Java, experience with Netty and event-driven, non blocking applications is a bonus;
- Experience working on large scale systems and network heavy systems capable of handling billions of HTTP requests a day;
- Familiarity with in-memory key value stores such as Memcache, Redis or Aerospike
- Comfortable working with queues or other messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Solid understanding of different design patterns and their associated tradeoffs;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic.
- Java 8 & Netty to power our real time bidding ad exchange & large scale API
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus
- Memcached & Aerospike as our high speed datastores
- Amazon Web Services, Terraform, & Ansible to manage our deployment and infrastructure
Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience.
New York, NY or Remote
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Weekly Yoga & Bootcamp
- Membership to Headspace (Meditation)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.
TripleLift has been honored with many prestigious awards. We received recognition as a Best in the Business by Inc which is for companies that have a positive impact beyond their strong financial results. We were named a Business Insider Hottest AdTech Company in 2020 and 2019. In 2019 we were ranked on the Inc. Magazine 5000, Crain's New York Fast 50, and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for 4 years in a row. To check out more of our awards please visit https://triplelift.com/company/
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we believe in the power of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. With our DEIA initiatives, TripleLift is a place that works for you, and where you can feel a sense of belonging. At TripleLift, we will consider and champion all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition, veteran, marital, or any other status protected by law. TripleLift is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
TripleLift does not accept unsolicited resumes from any type of recruitment search firm. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of TripleLift and no fee shall be due.
About us TripleLift makes native programmatic simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms content like images and video into engaging in-feed native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher’s website. Accessible via the industry’s first and largest real-time, native programmatic exchange, TripleLift helps marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world’s biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advising. TripleLift was named 212 NYC and The New York Times Ad Tech Startup of the Year, joined the Forbes list of Most Promising Companies in America in 2015 and was named one of Crain's New York Business's Best Places to Work in NYC. For more information, please visit http://www.triplelift.com.
Want to learn more about TripleLift? Visit TripleLift's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.