Junior Software QA Engineer
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Do you want to help to develop the tools that revolutionize how our departments function? We are looking for ambitious individuals to learn the trivago approach to software quality assurance. Instead of following test instructions, you’ll be detecting problems and root causes by combining IT skills with exploratory testing, an analytical mind, healthy mistrust and the ambition to find bugs before anyone else does. You will test all aspects of newly developed features for web-based applications to ensure that they will work on current browsers and operating systems.
As part of a cross-functional team, you will learn to write test plans for manual and automated testing and will work alongside developers and project owners to detect malfunctions and deliver software that is bug-free. You will be expected to critically question the usability of product owners’ new ideas and suggest design improvements or corrections throughout the development process, as well as contribute during the planning and coordination of new software releases.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a degree in an IT-related field of study. Other majors are welcome to apply but please explain relevant IT skills and your passion for the web in your cover letter.
- Has a good knowledge of PHP, HTML and MySQL.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
- Has the strong analytical and problem-solving skills necessary for analysing data and recognizing trends.
- Is a stickler for detail and a thorough worker.
- Must be comfortable with a testing approach that is fast, flexible and continuously changing.
- Has a hunger to learn, sets high goals and won’t rest until they achieve them.
- Wants to work in a dynamic international team where communication and collaboration are the keys to success.
- Can start as soon as possible.
You can decide for the teams you are most interested in! Just select your favourite option(s) under “Please pick your favourite team(s)” in the online application form.
This is what the teams do:
- Marketing Solutions: Marketing Solutions creates competitive advantages for departments that market to travelers by building tools and products that allow them to scale and monitor their marketing activities more efficiently.
- Customer Relations Management: CRM Tools accelerate the impact of the sales and marketing departments by providing them an efficient way to contact trivago’s customers. We focus on bringing operational efficiency by optimizing communication processes, enabling sales representatives with all the info required to structure the best pitch possible, and creating algorithms that optimize the account prioritization.
- Advertiser Relations: Advertiser Relations is the team running B2B for trivago and trivago Intelligence (TI) is a tailored analytics/marketing product used by advertisers to monitor and take action over hotel’s portfolio performance on trivago. In TI, advertisers can change CPCs of every single hotel in their inventory or let us decide it for them.
- Organizational Solutions Delivery: Organizational Solutions Quality Assurance team focuses on delivering reliable, high quality products & tools for trivago employees & external users by using latest Software Development and Quality Assurance technologies & processes.Our team promotes an environment where everyone can learn and grow by continuous knowledge sharing and trainings. Some of the technologies that are used in our projects: Symfony, WordPress, Sharepoint, PHP, ASP.NET, AngularJS, Codeception, Selenium, AWS, Jenkins, MySQL, MSSQL.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit trivago's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.