Product Manager – Data Science
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Creating a delightful & consistent experience for users who search for the best rate, enabling our advertisers to run superior marketing campaigns and monetizing our product at the highest efficiency are the core responsibilities of the trivago Marketplace department.
We are currently opening several Product Owner positions in our team ranging from monitoring advertiser & rate quality to optimizing big data infrastructure. We are looking for analytical geniuses with a strong aptitude for data science; terms like “Random Forest” and “Bayesian Statistics” should make you smile in excitement not make you scratch your head.
While managing a multi-disciplinary team in an agile & fast-paced environment, this is your chance to contribute to trivago’s continuing growth and global success.
What you’ll do:
- Work with an international team that consists of highly skilled software development and data science experts.
- Define a product strategy and roadmap and consistently monitor that your initiatives meet the company’s strategic needs.
- Conceptualize and challenge algorithm development and analyses.
- Share your passion and drive for the product and knowledge about the business with your team.
- Be the primary point of contact for your stakeholders, inform them about opportunities and constraints and make sure they are always informed about the current progress.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Data Scientist or Product Owner for a tech company.
- Exceptional organizational skills that allow you to juggle and prioritize multiple, diverse product development elements.
- Preferably experience with Agile development methodology.
- Strong analytical background and familiarity with data science.
- A well-rounded, adaptable mindset that will allow you to coordinate between various teams with different areas of expertise.
- Excellent communication skills: you must be able to make yourself fully understood and guarantee that all relevant stakeholders stay informed.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit trivago's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Lead [Expansion]
Product Lead, New Account
TALA, Santa Monica
Project Manager, Product Development
Glossier, New York, NY
Product & Sales Internship for South America (German Market)
Ventura TRAVEL, La Paz
Senior Product Designer
Kobalt Music Group, London
Product Designer - R&D
Hudl, Lincoln, Omaha, Boston