Software Engineer – Android
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Do you have proven Android app development credentials to match your passion for creating world-class products? trivago is determined to ensure their global hotel search platform gives users a mobile experience that is unrivalled. We believe in achieving innovation through constant experimentation and are seeking an experienced software engineer with the passion and expertise to help push us to greater heights. If you think you can drive trivago’s Android app to the next level, apply today.
What you’ll do:
- Develop trivago’s Android app, as well as internal apps, by using the latest technologies.
- Use your expert knowledge to bring fresh new ideas to the table.
- Analyse feature requests and then plan & implement them in a test-driven way.
- Create and review pull requests in order to achieve the best possible solution.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of new and existing open source components.
- Exchange ideas and share your knowledge with the rest of the team and participate in pair programming.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Burning love for the Android and Google ecosystems. You enjoy fancy apps and can’t wait to install every new developer preview.
- 3-4 years’ experience in native Android app development, as well as considerable experience in functional and unit testing.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a similar field.
- Experience in dealing with the Android SDK, design patterns and software architectures such as MVC/MVP/MVVM.
- A genuine interest in agile development processes.
- To be an excellent team player who believes great teamwork is at the heart of all great products.
- To speak English (our company language) fluently.
- What we’d love you to have:
- Code references that you can share with us.
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, Reactive Programming and Continuous Integration.
- Challenging attitude to always find beautiful solutions for requirements specific to the Android platform.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit trivago's website.
Jobs You May Like
Operations Program Manager
Qualtrics, Provo, UT
Senior Product Designer
Samsara, San Francisco
C3, New York, NY
Mid-Level Developer Consultant
Def Method, Def Method - Home office
Risk Adjustment Coding Specialist
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor/Master Thesis in Software Development (f/m/d)