UX Researcher – Mixed Methods
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Are you an investigative and highly driven UX researcher with a special talent to see and understand user needs? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams?
We are looking for a UX researcher, who wants to take on the challenge to push boundaries of the applied research combining qualitative and quantitative research to create the best user experience. In this role, as a UX research expert you will be responsible for driving mixed method investigations to assure that trivago is providing the ideal hotel to a traveler’s needs. If you’ve got a well-structured and data-driven mindset, enjoy collaboration in a cross-functional team, and love an experimental and agile environment, then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the successful evolution of our product by studying cognitions, emotions, and behaviour of our users.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Design experiments that distil project goals and research questions into well thought-out research plans.
- Execute qualitative and quantitative investigations in collaboration with our data scientists.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Collaborate with our data scientists, scrum team (PO, designers, developers) and the user research team on a daily base.
What you’ll definitely need:
- 2+ years’ experience in mixed method research (qualitative & quantitative) working in a performance driven environment.
- Excellent skills in tools and languages for quantitative analysis (e.g. R, SPSS, Python, SQL).
- Excellent skills in tools for lab or online usability tests (e.g. Morae, usertesting.com).
- A very analytical and creative mind.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- A passion for investigating user psychology and behaviour.
- High flexibility and adaptability to continuous change.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Previous work experience in behavioural research (e.g. clickstream analysis, A/B testing, eye tracking).
- Experience with tools for time aware research (e.g. Qualaroo, Usabilla).
- Joy in regularly travelling between Düsseldorf and Amsterdam.
- German language skills.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit trivago's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Chicago
Insight DevOps Engineering Fellows Program - Silicon Valley
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting January 14, 2019: (Early Applications due August 20)
Staff Machine Learning Engineer - San Francisco
Etsy, San Francisco
Director, Algorithm Verification/Data
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Ad Operations Specialist
Moat, New York