Digital Product Designer – Hotel Search
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Do you want the chance to have your creative work shape the visual future of a globally recognized platform? We’re searching for designers to direct their creativity towards our core product, the Hotel Search, and to our support products, e.g. Hotel Manager, Room5 and our online community. You will use your aesthetically programmed mind to create simple designs that are not only visually pleasing, but put the user experience first. We want a Designer who can inject their unique creative DNA into our site whilst retaining our classic trivago brand.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the concept and design of our hotel search platforms.
- Craft engaging interactions and gorgeous user interfaces and experiences.
- Solve complex interaction problems that will get used by millions of people, surrounded by the best designers.
- Demonstrate your ideas in tangible outcomes like sketches, prototypes, wireframes and visual designs.
- Evolve an initial concept into a fully developed design and its impact and benefits on the rest of the experience.
- Always keep up with the latest Design trends and technologies, in order to keep us at the cutting edge.
What you’ll definitely need:
- A mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas.
- Several years’ experience in user interface design, digital product design or web design.
- An academic background in Digital Design, Interaction Design or a related field.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch and Adobe design tools.
- Experience of Prototyping tools (Marvel, Invision, Principle).
- Proficiency in using responsive design, web design tools (UX Pin, Axure, Hype, Origami, etc.) and a good knowledge of UX design and usability.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- HTML/CSS knowledge and an understanding of how front-end development works. This will help you design in an online environment.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit https://www.trivago.com
Jobs You May Like
Director of Product Management, Collaboration, Spaces
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Manager of Product Management
Bonobos, New York, NY
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Product Manager, Revenue – Measurement
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Palantir Technologies, Copenhagen, Denmark
Digital Product Designer
Casper, New York, NY