Backend Software Engineer – Core Java / Java Concurrency
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Our Software Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users search for their ideal hotel at the best rate.
We are looking for a versatile individual who is passionate about their craft, and has the ambition to push technology forward. You will be a leader in the design, implementation and ownership of major modules and sub-systems. With your technical expertise, you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, maintain and enhance software solutions.
We offer an international, results-driven and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice.
- Build and maintain Java backend applications.
- Play a leading role in the design and implementation of new functionality and platform enhancements.
- Work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders and members from other teams (BI, Product, etc.).
- Be creative, challenge yourself and spread the word: contribute to one of our lovely open source projects.
- Initiate ideas from many different areas of computer science, including information retrieval, data processing, data storage, distributed computing, large-scale system design and many more.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- You have demonstrated the ability to master object oriented development in Core Java, especially Java Concurrency/ Multi-threading. (Please be aware that Pure JEE experience is not relevant for this position).
- 3+ years’ experience in designing and developing large scale web applications.
- Extensive knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of building high performance, highly scalable and fault-tolerant web applications.
- Experience in using NoSQL technologies (Redis, Cassandra, etc.).
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- A master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science.
- Excellent communication skills.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit trivago's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Firmware Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Lead Product Manager, Country
TALA, Santa Monica
Software Engineer - University Grad
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Tester QA (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Tourcoing
Software Quality Engineer (Cloud) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL