Software Engineer – PHP
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a PHP Developer and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search.
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with a blazing fast hotel search.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 2 years’ experience in PHP development, ideally in a high-performance environment.
- Stays up to date with current frameworks, tools, and libraries.
- Has a solid understanding of software construction.
- Naturally follows good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on her radar: Redis, Memcached, Docker, Kafka, Git, Jenkins
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit trivago's website.
Jobs You May Like
Index Exchange, Toronto (North York)
Product Design Intern - Summer 2019
MongoDB, New York City
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Data Systems Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles