Software Engineer / Data Scientist – Java Backend Services
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
trivago offers a highly dynamic, international, and result driven environment, where you’ll get the chance to make a meaningful impact on millions of users. If scale and complexity excite you, trivago should be your first choice!
We are looking for a Software Engineer with a solid background in data science who wants to join our Backend Services team and help us to optimize our revenue growth by building models and algorithms that improve our CPC bidding market. In your new role you’ll cooperate closely with individuals from Product Management and Business Intelligence, as well as engineers, and take full ownership of your work as a team – from the initial idea generation to the implementation in our search core. You should be passionate about your craft, versatile and ambitious to push our business forward.
- Work in a cross-functional team that takes full ownership of its products, from ideation to the rollout of fully fledged features written in Java/Python.
- Contribute with your technical expertise to the development of new algorithms that improve our traffic monetization.
- Conduct rigorous testing of your work and monitor its impact on both our tech and business metrics.
- Be creative, challenge yourself and help take trivago to the next level.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.).
- A very good understanding of Java with a strong focus on concurrency.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language, e.g. Python or R.
- You have experience implementing multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment.
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases.
- You are comfortable communicating in English (our company language).
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, or Spark.
- Interest in machine learning.
- You are knowledgeable in packages such as Pandas and NumPy.
- Excellent English communication skills: you have the ability to easily convey your message to team members and other stakeholders.
- You have worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit https://www.trivago.com
Jobs You May Like
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Front-end Engineer
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Technical Principal (m/w)
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Encoding Technologies
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Code Challenge - Backend Developer