Software Engineer – Back-End
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a back-end PHP developer and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search.
What you’ll do:
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with a lightning-quick hotel search.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code in PHP.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high-performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you’ll need:
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development, ideally in a high-performance web environment.
- Willingness to develop maintainable and high quality PHP code in an high-performance environment.
- A solid understanding of software construction.
- The ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience in developing large applications.
- A good enough level of English to feel comfortable communicating in it on a daily basis.
- An awareness of the following technologies: MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Docker, Kafka, Git, Jenkins.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit trivago's website.
Jobs You May Like
Endurance International Group, Houston, TX
Stanza, San Francisco
Backend Developer (Java) Barcelona
Senior Software Engineer: Massive Graph Processing
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA
Lead Consultant- Application Development