Software-Engineer – Web Development – PHP
trivago, Leipzig, Germany
World's top hotel search & price comparison site
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a PHP Developer and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search. With around 3 billion requests per month, we are operating on a large scale in a complex and rapidly evolving IT landscape. We encourage all team members to question established processes and give them the freedom to experiment with new technologies in order to drive trivago to the next level.
- Develop our high traffic web applications (e.g. price comparison, hotel booking or B2B applications).
- Implement new website features.
- Set-up efficient and high performing database queries in MySQL.
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive PHP knowledge and experience.
- Has experience with software engineering, preferably in a high-performance environment.
- Is familiar with the term dependency injection.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has successfully completed a comparable apprenticeship.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
Life at trivago:
trivago is an exciting hub of multicultural activity where nationalities from all around the world come to share their knowledge and work together on redefining the travelling experience for millions of people. We nurture all our talents and provide them with the support they need to develop professionally as well as personally. We encourage fanatic learning through regular code workshops, Hackathons and constant feedback as well as promoting quick decision making in keeping with our trial and error philosophy. Flexible working hours are in place to create a trusting environment where productivity is measured through goals rather than hours spent in the office. For our internationals, we help with relocation and provide language classes for those wanting to learn and practise their German.
Join us at trivago – a place where talented minds meet, crazy ideas are shared and innovation is born.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
Düsseldorf-based trivago lets users search and compare hotel prices from more than 200 booking sites - that's over 1.3 million hotels in over 190 countries.
Most of their highly diverse staff is based out of Germany. But you don't know an umlaut from an oompah band, you say? Have no fear - trivago's relocation package includes visa sponsorship, assistance on your apartment hunt, and newcomer loans for relocation needs.
Want to learn more about trivago? Visit trivago's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Tx Core (Boston)
Circle, Boston, MA
MoneyLion, Kuala Lumpur
Senior Front-End Developer
Nortal, Finland, Turku
Product Manager - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Seattle, WA
Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Applications
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Core Infrastructure Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco