Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. On the Data Services team, we believe data has the power to drive the business forward, and we push every day to enable data-driven decisions across all aspects of the organization. We have hundreds of data sources, a robust enterprise data warehouse and use Tableau for visual analytics. Some of the tools and platforms we work with are Python, SQL, AWS, Spark, R and many other open-source technologies.
- Building end-to-end data integration and data warehousing solutions for analytics teams.
- Designing and creating services and system architecture.
- Building and maintaining enterprise data platforms.
- Working daily with SQL and Python and using Spark for big data processing.
- Using analytical and problem-solving skills to take complex business requests and transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
- Brainstorming and contributing ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products.
- Working with an agile mindset to deliver small projects quickly in order to provide value and gain feedback in a production environment.
- Creating amazing user experiences for both internal and external customers.
How we work
- With collaboration. We frequently pair program. We work at pairing stations - two keyboards, two minds, one outcome.
- With transparency. We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our Perks
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
Who you are
- An Analyst. You are able to take complex requests and transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
- A Learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A Pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology’s sake.
- A Closer. You are someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well.
About Trunk Club
We do things a bit differently at Trunk Club. We’re a fashion retailer, but we don’t simply sell clothes. We help men and women discover their unique personal style by investing the time it takes to get to know who they are and who they want to be. Our stylists establish their own base of clients, working personally with each one to build a wardrobe of apparel and accessories from premium brands such as Theory, John Varvatos, and AG. We’ve helped clients dress for work, the weekend, and even their weddings, creating a business model The New York Times called “revolutionary.”
Want to learn more about Trunk Club? Visit Trunk Club's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Services
MongoDB, New York City
Senior Information Security Consultant
Senior Software Engineer - Backend - Monetization
Reddit, San Francisco
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Machine Learning Software Engineer
Vungle, San Francisco