Senior Front-End Engineer (Chicago)
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Clothes You'll Love, Stylists You Can Trust
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Who you are
We want developers that have a keen business sense and an entrepreneurial attitude. We work directly with the business to build solutions that and want developers that can thrive in an environment where you’re in the driver’s seat to create something amazing.
- You have sizable experience working with designers to create and maintain style guides & CSS standards across different applications.
- You appreciate and advocate for web standards and accessibility (e.g. WCAG Standards, screenreader support, semantic HTML).
- You're excited to play a critical role in helping drive internal technical initiatives to enhance end-user and developer experience (w.g. build & deployment mechanisms, Progressive Web Apps).
- You get excited about functional programming, Redux, React, Flux, ES6+, CSS Modules, and Webpack. You'd love to talk about these over lunch. This is what excites us too, and what we use everyday.
How we work
- We pair: We have pairing stations where engineers naturally pair to solve problems, and a Jamboard to collaborate on architecting solutions. We work in an open team room; no cubicles; no private offices.
- We are agile: We don’t believe in following a process for process’ sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value – day by day, week by week, we make the company better.
- Most importantly, we value our people: We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. We believe that creating a healthy and inclusive work environment is the first step in building a sustainable and successful company. We invest in our people by creating opportunities that combine our interests with the company needs.
About Trunk Club
We do things a bit differently at Trunk Club. We’re a fashion retailer, but we don’t simply sell clothes. We help men and women discover their unique personal style by investing the time it takes to get to know who they are and who they want to be. Our stylists establish their own base of clients, working personally with each one to build a wardrobe of apparel and accessories from premium brands such as Theory, John Varvatos, and AG. We’ve helped clients dress for work, the weekend, and even their weddings, creating a business model The New York Times called “revolutionary.”
Want to learn more about Trunk Club? Visit https://www.trunkclub.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineering Manager, Oyster.com
TripAdvisor, New York, NY
Software/Systems Engineer - Site Reliability (University Grad)
Squarespace, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer (Elixir)
Weedmaps, Tucson, Arizona, United States
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Encoding Technologies
Netflix, Los Gatos, California