Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
About the role
Trunk Club is seeking an energetic, hands-on Senior Sales Director to lead our team of national stylists. This role will entail hiring, development of staff and setting forth the processes, tools and metrics to deliver business results.
The Senior Sales Director will be responsible for driving growth by optimizing the effectiveness of our national styling team, continuing to drive more efficiency while ensuring that we maintain an exceptional customer experience. You’ll work cross functionally with sales training, sales operations, marketing and other teams within Trunk Club to leverage the tools and infrastructure available to enhance productivity of your team and continue to grow team at scale.
A day in the life
- Providing strategic direction around optimizing the role of the national stylist (inside sales) team.
- Managing, mentoring and motivating the national stylist team to achieve goals, objectives and quotas.
- Collaborating with cross-functional leaders in field sales to optimize capacity model between the clubhouse team and national styling team.
- Partnering with HR to refine the recruiting strategy for future inside sales talent.
- Partnering with Marketing, Clubhouse Sales and HR to enhance effective new hire on-boarding and continuous education training programs to support sales success.
- Creating innovative ways to drive and expand sales into existing accounts and new business prospects.
- Creating and sustaining an exciting, high-performance work environment that helps inspire and motivate sales success.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience leading inside sales teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- Experience successfully achieving results with an inside sales team in a retail or closely related category.
- Previous experience in a Sales Development and Inside Sales position.
- Strong leadership, people management, and team building skills necessary.
- Ability to articulate concepts clearly and document procedures.
- Aptitude for evaluation, problem solving, planning, and organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment.
You might like it here if...
- You have the ability to lead teams through organizational change while exceeding sales targets and improving operational excellence.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- You have experience defining and implementing transformational business strategies.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to exercise judgment in prioritizing tasks in order to meet schedules and deadlines.
- You understand that “strategy” is directly paired with scrappiness, hard work, and getting your hands dirty
- You are both empathetic and influential to those you lead
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.
About Trunk Club
We do things a bit differently at Trunk Club. We’re a fashion retailer, but we don’t simply sell clothes. We help men and women discover their unique personal style by investing the time it takes to get to know who they are and who they want to be. Our stylists establish their own base of clients, working personally with each one to build a wardrobe of apparel and accessories from premium brands such as Theory, John Varvatos, and AG. We’ve helped clients dress for work, the weekend, and even their weddings, creating a business model The New York Times called “revolutionary.”
Want to learn more about Trunk Club? Visit https://www.trunkclub.com/
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Executive
Appboy, New York
Enterprise Account Executive (French)
Slack, Dublin, Ireland
Peloton, Palo Alto, Ca
Industry Account Executive
Dropbox, London, England
Keyholder, San Francisco - Union Square
Bonobos, San Francisco, CA
Advisor – Sales (Part-Time), Edgehill
Warby Parker, Nashville, TN