Reporting and Visualization Specialist
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Clothes You'll Love, Stylists You Can Trust
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
We're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. Come talk to us if you’re passionate about the power of data-driven decisions, visual analytics, rapid development, and collaborating with a rockstar business team that is just as excited about using data and analytics as you are.
We have built a robust self-service data analytics platform here at Trunk Club over the past few years that has enabled analysts across the company to quickly gain insights and build dashboards for collaborating across teams. We have a need for a reporting and visualization specialist to act as the point person for Tableau, our primary reporting/self-service tool. In addition to Tableau for reporting and analytics, we have a Postgres ODS server, Microsoft SQL data warehouse paired with an Amazon Redshift presentation cluster, and use a combination of Python and SSIS for ETL.
Who you are
This person would work closely with all of our analysts to provide Tableau training, define visualization best practices, help with dashboard optimization, build out reporting and processes to help monitor the health of Tableau server, create Tableau data sources and dashboards. In addition to being the Tableau/Visualization guru for Trunk Club, the person filling this role will have the opportunity to work directly with data in our data warehouse using SQL and/or Python in order to help set up new data sources, validate new data source releases and troubleshoot issues reported by our end users.
- You’ve been doing advanced data analysis and dashboard development using Tableau (or comparable visualization tool) for at least a few years.
- You may have used SQL for building data sets and data validation, and aren’t afraid to go outside of your comfort zone to solve a problem and broaden your skills.
- You are passionate about building effective and clean visualizations that deliver impactful information without requiring unnecessary interpretation from the end user.
- You are very detail-oriented and creative when it comes to improving business processes and reporting.
- You are able to work collaboratively to design solutions based on minimal information.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and are able to take a complex business request and transform it into a clean, simple data solution.
- You are able to educate less technical users on complex concepts, tailored to the audience.
- If you have experience with server administration in Tableau, that’s a bonus!
- You are a quick learner and open to new ideas and technologies…and are willing to offer your own creative solutions as well!
- You are comfortable working in teams, both internally and cross-functionally with our business users and fellow technology product and teams.
- You have solid business acumen and are able to bridge the gap between business needs and technical solutions with ease.
- You have an agile mindset and believe in delivering smaller projects more quickly in order to provide value and gain feedback in a production environment.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
About Trunk Club
We do things a bit differently at Trunk Club. We’re a fashion retailer, but we don’t simply sell clothes. We help men and women discover their unique personal style by investing the time it takes to get to know who they are and who they want to be. Our stylists establish their own base of clients, working personally with each one to build a wardrobe of apparel and accessories from premium brands such as Theory, John Varvatos, and AG. We’ve helped clients dress for work, the weekend, and even their weddings, creating a business model The New York Times called “revolutionary.”