Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Who you are
- You understand how to help engineers stay happy and productive.
- You’re comfortable building software solutions and systems – and love the value created in the business by doing so.
- You’re a leader, but you still have solid coding chops and strive to use the best tool for the job. We welcome new ideas and technologies – you’ll be critical in deciding exactly what technologies we use.
- You’re comfortable working in and leading teams – and have done so in the past.
- You understand and appreciate the value of test-driven development, and love to work in an agile and rapid environment.
- You yearn to get your hands dirty in technical projects.
- You have at least 1 year of experience managing and/or mentoring engineers.
- Mentor and manage a team of 5-7 software engineers, conducting regular 1-on-1s and giving feedback.
- Work with a Product Manager to ensure that the roadmap is realistic and understood.
- Own the efficiency and growth of a team.
- Participate in conversations about the design, architecture, and implementation of our web platform.
- Be responsible for on time delivery of software features.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers.
How we work
- With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as a Jamboard for collaborating on architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom & TC discounts
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
About Trunk Club
We do things a bit differently at Trunk Club. We’re a fashion retailer, but we don’t simply sell clothes. We help men and women discover their unique personal style by investing the time it takes to get to know who they are and who they want to be. Our stylists establish their own base of clients, working personally with each one to build a wardrobe of apparel and accessories from premium brands such as Theory, John Varvatos, and AG. We’ve helped clients dress for work, the weekend, and even their weddings, creating a business model The New York Times called “revolutionary.”
Want to learn more about Trunk Club? Visit Trunk Club's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Security Generalist
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA
Site Reliability Engineer, MySQL
Pinterest, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, Fixed Income Analytics
Head of Engineering, Oslo
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Software Engineer, Build Infrastructure
Airbnb, Seattle, Washington & San Francisco, CA