Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who We Are
Supporting all teams within Trunk Club, the Finance Team guides decision making on cross functional projects and initiatives by providing technical expertise as well as financial and strategic analysis. The analysis and reporting we develop supports key business decisions and influences the near-term and long-term strategic direction of the company. We're a small, collaborative, hard-working team that thrives in the fast-paced environment of Trunk Club.
How We Work
- With others. Work closely across all departments to support decision making.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
What You Will Do Everyday
- Perform actual to budget variance analysis and assist with financial statement forecasting
- Support the team in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Contribute to month end accounting close cycle including journal entry preparation and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with day-to-day cash, along with cash flow forecasting
- Record and analyze daily transactional data (i.e., sales, credit card, payroll, cash)
- Assist with adherence to and development of internal control framework and accounting work flow
- Great attention to detail; pristine accuracy and presentation of data
- Strong business acumen with the ability to effectively problem solve
- Ability to multitask and reevaluate priorities when necessary
- Identifies inefficiencies and continues to evolve processes
- Impeccable support and timely response to all employees/functions of the organization through a service-minded attitude
- Raises concerns and issues where they exist/are observed across the organization
- Works effectively in groups and develops key relationships across all TC departments
- A top performer with a great attitude!
What Your Background May Look Like
- Accounting and/or Finance degree required
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- CPA is a plus (not required)
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What Trunk Club Will Provide You
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Career advancement opportunities with strong emphasis on internal promotions
- A company culture like you’ve never experienced
- State of the art workplace environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.
About Trunk Club
We do things a bit differently at Trunk Club. We’re a fashion retailer, but we don’t simply sell clothes. We help men and women discover their unique personal style by investing the time it takes to get to know who they are and who they want to be. Our stylists establish their own base of clients, working personally with each one to build a wardrobe of apparel and accessories from premium brands such as Theory, John Varvatos, and AG. We’ve helped clients dress for work, the weekend, and even their weddings, creating a business model The New York Times called “revolutionary.”
Want to learn more about Trunk Club? Visit Trunk Club's website.
Jobs You May Like
Deal Advisory Graduate - Wellington - Feb 2019 Start
KPMG New Zealand, Wellington
Head of Global Tax
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Senior Stock Plan Administrator
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Regional Account Manager Central Midwest - IL,MO
Indigo, Central Midwest - IL,MO
Appboy, New York
Bishop Fox, ATL, PHX, NYC, SFO