As a rule, we’re technology agnostic, if you can articulate why a particular language or piece of technology is right for Trussle, we want you to bring this to the table.
Our front-end applications are written in React with TypeScript using Gatsby and Next.js. For our REST and GraphQL APIs we use TypeScript and NodeJS, with PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch behind the scenes.
All of our services are hosted on AWS using Elastic Kubernetes Service. CI/CD is handled by Jenkins, with automated Docker builds and deployments to staging. We use Github and JIRA to help us keep on top of our tasks, manage and host our code.
We have a strong culture for testing. We are individually responsible for our work and are immensely proud of the quality we produce. We try and automate as much of the testing as possible.
We have a learning and development budget for keeping up to date which can be spent on conferences, courses, and even books. We encourage sharing what we learn with the rest of the team and the wider community.
We are truly cross-functional: as well as designers and product managers, our teams include data analysts, mortgage advisers and marketing specialists. We’re focused on results: meetings are banned two days a week, and if you need to work from home to finish a project or leave early to manage your energy we encourage you to take it.
About the Role
* Develop scalable web applications for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
* Develop modules to assist in A/B testing of different experiences based on session data
* Develop custom drop-in components for front-end features that are reusable across apps
* Work with UX and design team to transform wireframes into living products
* Work with best-in-breed frameworks and libraries for styling, layouts, and navigation flows
* Integrate new GraphQL and/or REST endpoints into applications
* Own full web development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to containerized production environments
* Communicate results and impact to business stakeholders
* Experience with Node.js and a UI framework (React a plus)
* Experience with unit, integration and end to end testing tools and practices
* Proficiency in consuming, debugging, exploring and producing REST APIs (GraphQL a plus)
* Proficiency with HTML5, AJAX, browser storage, and responsive designUnderstanding of cross-browser compatibility techniques, tools and debugging
* Keen eye for detail when translating design and requirements into working code
* Proficiency with task runners and asset pipeline tools (e.g. npm, Webpack, Gulp)
* Proficiency with security requirements, authentication and authorization layers (OAuth2, Google Sign-in)
* Aware of front-end performance implications and best practices
* Familiarity working in the cloud, especially as it pertains to the front end: (Amazon S3 or Azure Blob, Cloudfront, Cloudflare, Fastly, etc.)
* Familiarity with tag and event tracking libraries (e.g. Segment, Google Analytics)
* Understanding of the HTTP fundamentals, especially HTTP 2.0
* Fluent at using GitExcellent communication, collaboration and writing skills
* You feel comfortable that our values - being brave, investing in each other, making it simple, and owning it - reflect aspects of your personality and approach to work.
Trussle is the new hassle-free way to get a mortgage. We help first-time buyers and existing homeowners save time and money securing a great-value mortgage online.
It’s been estimated that one in two mortgage holders in the UK are losing £4,000 each year by not switching to better deals; that’s a £29bn headache for the country’s homeowners, and a headache that our founder Ishaan experienced first-hand. That’s why our service doesn’t end once we’ve secured you a great-value mortgage; we continue to monitor the market for the lifetime of your mortgage and help you switch to a better deal later on. That way, you’ll never pay more than you should.
Trussle launched in December 2015 as the UK’s first online mortgage adviser, after months of customer development, user testing, and cutting through red tape. We’re backed by some of Europe's leading technology investors including Orange Growth Capital, LocalGlobe, Ed Wray (founder of Betfair), Ian Hogarth (founder of Songkick), Seedcamp, and Zoopla Property Group. Trussle is FCA registered.
See how much you could save at https://www.trussle.com
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.