Data provides a quantitative view of our company, allowing us to optimize our growth strategy and maintain an excellent level of service. Data affects every decision we take and glues together technology, design and operations.
Our data toolkit is growing fast: it includes Segment web analytics data, Stitch ETLs from our production PostgreSQL and S3 data using Athena and Redshift Spectrum. These all feed into a Redshift data warehouse. Data modelling and consolidation is in DBT. For BI reporting we use SQL queries and visualizations in Looker. On ad-hoc ETLs we use Python and NodeJS within Docker containers, and AWS Lambda.
About The Role
We’re looking for a data builder who can work across the spectrum of ingest, ETL, modeling, and report building. Key responsibilities include:
- Integrate, extract, and clean data from various sources and log streams
- Analyse data to provide insights to team members
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to collect requirements for report creation and improvement
- Design, implement and maintain reports and dashboards to provide live insights into business KPIs
- Assemble presentations that provide team members with a cohesive story about the situation, problem, hypothesis, solution and conclusion
- Build data pipelines to ingest data from various SaaS platforms into the warehouse
- Work with data analysts to ensure data is available in LookML models to support reporting and analysis requirements
- Own and participate in technical decisions around data modelling and schema design across the engineering teams
- Business or academic background in analytics and/or statistics
- Knowledge of Excel and SQL
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Looker or Tableau preferable)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and quantitative reasoning skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact at all levels
- Ability to write detailed explanations of your results
- Keen to deliver impact for our clients and internal stakeholders
- Experience with AWS services advantageous
- You are familiar with batch processing and job control paradigms
- Fluent in English
- FinTech experience advantageous
Your ownership and independence will come first. The team focuses on results and high quality work. Not only that, you’ll feel comfortable that our values - being brave, investing in each other, making it simple, and owning it – reflect aspects of your personality and approach to work.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Trussle are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Trussle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Trussle is the new hassle-free way to get a mortgage. We help first-time buyers and existing homeowners save time and money securing a great-value mortgage online.
It’s been estimated that one in two mortgage holders in the UK are losing £4,000 each year by not switching to better deals; that’s a £29bn headache for the country’s homeowners, and a headache that our founder Ishaan experienced first-hand. That’s why our service doesn’t end once we’ve secured you a great-value mortgage; we continue to monitor the market for the lifetime of your mortgage and help you switch to a better deal later on. That way, you’ll never pay more than you should.
Trussle launched in December 2015 as the UK’s first online mortgage adviser, after months of customer development, user testing, and cutting through red tape. We’re backed by some of Europe's leading technology investors including Orange Growth Capital, LocalGlobe, Ed Wray (founder of Betfair), Ian Hogarth (founder of Songkick), Seedcamp, and Zoopla Property Group. Trussle is FCA registered.
See how much you could save at https://www.trussle.com
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.