Join Trustpilot in London as a Legal Counsel if you are ready to be a part of a great company, have fun and take advantage of real opportunities for growth in a fast paced environment where you will be a core member of our global Legal Team.
Take part in a high growth tech company where you will be able to put your mark on how we provide legal support to the entire company. You will be joining our great London office as Legal Counsel where you will play a key role in supporting our Commercial, Quality and Compliance, Marketing, Finance, and Human Resource teams and other parts of the company with legal assistance. When not supporting these teams you will assist other parts of the business with contract reviews and negotiations.
Your position will take part in addressing our commercial agreements and other legal matters in the U.K. along with international matters from time to time. The Legal Team provides support to the Trustpilot organization globally, so this role will work closely with the Legal Team members in Copenhagen and New York. They are dedicated, hard-working and have the best team-spirit you could ever hope for.
- Provide legal services and related support in broad areas of corporate law practice to the company.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements, mainly assisting our U.K. Commercial Teams in London with contract negotiations with potential customers.
- Provide support to other departments such as HR, Marketing, and Finance.
- Help maintain and update various legal templates, for e.g. employment and terms & conditions.
- Review and negotiate various types of business agreements, such as partner agreements and supplier contracts.
- Assist the Governance Team and our Legal Team with regulatory compliance issues and corporate law questions.
- Assist our Quality & Compliance Team in connection with escalated cases related to our review platform.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and drafting various types of commercial agreements, e.g. subscription service agreements, IT contracts, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements and product sales and services agreements.
- Experience with corporate and employment law a plus.
- Ability to recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these effectively to colleagues and customers with consideration of its impact on the wider business.
- Ability to take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time well.
- Work well independently and be ready to support your team and other departments.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams – you will work closely with the Commercial, Quality & Compliance, Human Resource, Finance, and Marketing Teams.
- Excellent writing and fantastic communication skills.
- 1-3 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal organization; industry experience is definitely a plus.
- Excellent legal and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- A team player.
- Excellent negotiation skills in relation to contract negotiation and dispute handling.
- Law Degree from Accredited Law School.
- Licensed to practice in the U.K.
We offer you
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Great colleagues and a social working environment
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Full benefits
- Paid family leave
- Commuter benefits
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com. If you are also interested in learning more about the Trustpilot culture, then check out our company page on The Muse.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 50 million consumer reviews of 180,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 24 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Lithuania Trustpilot’s 700+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.
Trustpilot’s employees represent over 40 nationalities across the company’s offices on three different continents. The customer review platform has carved out quite a reputation in New York City, as well – they’ve been named among Crain’s Best Places to Work.
Be a Better Trustpilot Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Trustpilot when you watch classes taught by their top employees.