Every month, 1,5 million new reviews are posted on Trustpilot for thousands of businesses in our review community. We have now reached over 60 million reviews from consumers around the world. Things tend to move fast at Trustpilot, particularly our global growth and presence. With this rapid growth also comes a massive amount of data, which we can use to greatly improve our products, user experience, internal systems and business insight.
We are now seeking an experienced Business Analytics Manager to join us in Data Science, to oversee a small Global team of highly skilled analysts supporting our commercial and operational departments. To succeed in this role you should have a passion for data as well as great stakeholder and people management abilities. You are motivated by ensuring data and analytics are at the core of the organisational strategy, and will be key in helping build this capability. You will be a hands-on manager with great analysis skills and data literacy, but focused on managing, coaching and encouraging others. You are excited about solving big data challenges and you love using your data skills to influence and inform!
As Business Analytics Manager your focus will be on managing a team of data analysts, whose purpose is to use data to drive forward strategy and decision-making. You will work closely with business stakeholders from across the organisation (including from Commercial, Marketing, Strategy and Finance) to understand requirements and priorities. You will task manage and prioritise work for analysts within your team, and you will make sure that the analysis delivered is rigorous, insightful and timely. You will be responsible for understanding stakeholder needs and objectives, and for translating these into clear, purposeful, analysis tasks. You will develop strategies for efficient data analysis and reporting, and work with data from multiple sources, including from commercial systems such as Salesforce and Zuora and from our website. You will play a key role in our growing data organisation and will have the opportunity to help shape our data culture.
- Minimum BA/BSc degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Data Management (or a related quantitative degree) (MSc preferred)
- Hands-on experience of data analysis and reporting, knowledge of R/Python and SQL
- Experience working with data warehouses - e.g. Google BigQuery or Amazon Redshift
- Strong knowledge of data engineering practices, e.g. building automated pipelines, developing ETL templates, following coding guidelines, encouraging collaboration …
- A structured approach to your work and to the management of data and analysis
- Great communicator - both with technical colleagues and with business stakeholders, with the ability to tailor content to audience
- Experience in a people management role strongly preferred, ideally in the technology sector or in a technical consultancy
- Some experience in project management would be a big plus
- "20% time" - be the most innovative you can be and work on anything you’d like
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Opportunities to learn from the best and develop your career
- Great colleagues and a core work culture that you can believe in
If you think this role is made for you, please send us your CV and a cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this job. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Tech Recruiter, Nataliia Tolstikova, at [email protected]
At Trustpilot, we’re passionate about our mission to inspire ever-improving experiences for everyone. Working here’s an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas.
And let’s not forget the Scandinavian work-life balance — we work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of foosball, a cup of coffee, or maybe grab a beer after work.
Here is a sneak peek into our Tech department
Trustpilot’s employees represent over 40 nationalities across the company’s offices on three different continents. The customer review platform has carved out quite a reputation in New York City, as well – they’ve been named among Crain’s Best Places to Work.
Be a Better Trustpilot Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Trustpilot when you watch classes taught by their top employees.