Join Trustpilot in Copenhagen as a Compliance Counsel if you are ready to be a part of a great company, have fun and take advantage of real opportunities for growth in a fast paced environment where you will be a core member of our Governance Team.
We are looking for a compliance counsel to be part of our newly established Governance Team. The compliance counsel will be advising the company on a range of privacy, data protection and security-related legal and compliance initiatives.
You will be responsible for creating and building compliance programmes at Trustpilot relating to data protection, governance, trust and compliance and help build a foundation in the Governance Unit in regards to processes, procedures and a framework to increase the compliance level at Trustpilot.
The role will be broad and will include advising different departments and stakeholders on various legal risks and obligations under global privacy laws and driving high-profile cross-functional initiatives across the business involving a variety of complex legal and/or regulatory issues.
- Develop and manage internal compliance programs and processes to ensure we meet our obligations for example in connection with anti-bribery, data protection and Code of Conduct
- Function as our Data Protection Officer.
- Support the Legal Team and Commercial teams on privacy and security-related legal matters, including in areas related to partnerships, security questionnaires, integrations, and product development
- Help maintain and update various legal templates, for e.g. privacy notices, terms & conditions etc.
- Communicate with global privacy regulators, customers and end-users in connection with data protection,
- Build policies and procedures related to compliance and data protection, including data and privacy incident responses, subject access requests, privacy impact assessments etc.
- Together with the Governance Team develop training programs to ensure compliance, governance and trust throughout the entire organisation.
- Maintain and update the Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting policies and procedures and rolling out compliance programmes as an in-house compliance counsel.
- Experience with data protection/the GDPR
- You have sharp analytical and communication skills
- You are diligent, proactive, collaborative, and have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Ability to recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these effectively to colleagues and customers with consideration of its impact on the wider business.
- Ability to take full responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time well.
- Work well independently and be ready to support your team and other departments.
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience. Experience from an internet or technology company will be a plus.
- Excellent writing and fantastic communication skills.
- Excellent legal and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- A team player.
We offer you
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career in a fast paced company.
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey.
- Great colleagues.
- Great location in central Copenhagen.
Interested in learning more about Trustpilot? Check out our website www.trustpilot.com. If you are also interested in learning more about the Trustpilot culture, then check out our company page on The Muse.
If you see yourself in this role, submit your application by clicking below, and make sure to upload a personalised cover letter, in which you describe why you would be our ideal Compliance Counsel.
Trustpilot is a global, online review community that builds trust and increases transparency between consumers and businesses. Currently boasting more than 37 million consumer reviews of 200,000 businesses, Trustpilot produces a TrustScore for businesses based on recent reviews. Trustpilot’s community is live in 24 countries and more than 10,000 consumers sign up to Trustpilot every day. The platform also helps businesses generate insights through customer review data analytics. This can be used to continuously improve business operations, increase customer satisfaction and drive innovation. By enabling businesses to engage directly with customers, Trustpilot aims to set new global standards in consumer to business dialogue.
Trustpilot has customers in 65 countries and has developed strong positions in Denmark, Sweden, UK, France, Germany and the Netherlands, as well as the US. With offices in Copenhagen, London, New York, Denver, Berlin, Melbourne and Lithuania Trustpilot’s 550+ employees represent 40+ different nationalities.
Trustpilot’s employees represent over 40 nationalities across the company’s offices on three different continents. The customer review platform has carved out quite a reputation in New York City, as well – they’ve been named among Crain’s Best Places to Work.
Be a Better Trustpilot Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Trustpilot when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Trustpilot? Visit Trustpilot's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate, Financial Accounting & Advisory Services
Accordion Partners, San Francisco
Head of Data Protection & Senior Legal Counsel (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
Senior Corporate Development Specialist
Coupang, Seoul (HQ)
Payments - General Applications UAE
noon.com, Dubai, UAE