Do you want to take part in developing the products of one of the fastest growing online companies in Europe? Do you have a passion for innovating, mentoring others and working with the latest technologies in an agile environment? Then you might be the one we are looking for.
Trustpilot is looking for a Director of Engineering with full-stack experience and strong skills in front-end technologies to join our Technology team. We move fast, ship daily and iterate constantly to improve our product. We have some exciting challenges and would love your help to build an engineering culture that makes everyone feel empowered to write their best code.
Who You Are
You have experience working with modern web frameworks. You are a strong full-stack developer with a particular interest in working in the front-end. Code reviews, pair programming and designing hackathons sound like fun and are an opportunity for you to learn something new every day. You’ve had several years of professional experience, are comfortable being in a lead position, and have managed/led a team of developers.
What We Expect
As an Engineering Director at Trustpilot, you will:
- Be a part of the Trustpilot Engineering Management Team, which has the full responsibility of the technical architecture and the standard software used to build our products.
- Take ownership of Agile processes used by the teams together with the rest of the Engineering Management and Product Management team.
- Lead the architecture and co-own the Trustpilot general APIs First and Microservice Architecture.
- Work closely with the teams to remove any obstacles and ensure they are able to work agile and independently.
- Manage teams of Engineers, which includes mentoring, career development, handling 1:1 meetings and leading by example.
- Oral and written English on very high level - our Company language is English in all locations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and continually changing environment
- Agile mindset
- Eagerness to learn new things
Good to have
- Smart creative personality
- International experience
- Experience with interviewing and hiring developers
- Experience working with dual track development
Some Technologies We Use
- Modern frontend stack (like AngularJs, React)
- .NET and C#
- DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redshift
- Amazon Web Service technologies (Lambda, SQS, S3, ECS, etc.)
Check our entire technology stack here: https://stackshare.io/trustpilot
- 20% time, where you have the opportunity to innovate and learn new things
- Monthly hackathons that allow you to work on cool ideas
- Contribute to an exciting international growth journey
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career
- Awesome talented colleagues and a social working environment with fun events
- Great office location in central Copenhagen
- Foosball - we play a lot of table foosball
- Relaxed and team-oriented atmosphere
Meet the team
Our technology team consists of 85 people in Copenhagen, Denmark and 12 in our recently-opened Vilnius office, in Lithuania. Trustpilot Tech has 8 cross-functional agile product teams. It's our job to make cool things that people everywhere will love. So, we think bigger and better than your average bear. We work fast to deliver relevant, valuable products, and we always deliver. Of course, alongside all that hard work, we like to play. Whether it's foosball, whiskey tasting, or making you laugh out loud with our crazy humor, we like to have fun.
If you think that this role is made for you, please send in your resume and application letter in English via our website and tell us why you would be the ideal candidate.
You are welcome to contact Anabel Morales at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Trustpilot’s employees represent over 40 nationalities across the company’s offices on three different continents. The customer review platform has carved out quite a reputation in New York City, as well – they’ve been named among Crain’s Best Places to Work.
Be a Better Trustpilot Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Trustpilot when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Trustpilot? Visit https://www.trustpilot.com/
Jobs You May Like
HelloFresh, USA - New York City, NY
Senior Front End Engineer
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Services Architect (San Jose, CA)
Okta, San Jose, CA
Cloud Systems Engineer (m/f)
Senior Software Engineer, Service Back End
Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom