We're seeking a Director well-versed in statistical analysis and algorithm design, ready to be let loose on Tumblr’s many terabytes of data.
What you’ll do:
- Collect, analyze, and report on the progress of long-term company goals as articulated by the leadership team.
- Turn data collection and analysis into actionable recommendations for product features.
- Hold regular meetings with engineering, product and leadership teams to share new data and analysis, and help make data a cornerstone of decision making in the company.
- Improve data extraction and analytics methodologies to expedite product testing.
- Be the team’s liaison to Product Managers. Provide them with information about how features are being used and suggest opportunities to improve engagement.
- Serve as the main point of contact for people who need your team’s expertise.
- Set the team’s long- and short-term priorities, and make sure they’re aligned with company goals.
- Create an environment in which your team members are continuously challenged and exposed to new opportunities.
- Make sure your team has all the resources it needs to operate effectively, and clear out any obstacles that might be getting in their way.
What we’re looking for:
- MS Degree in a quantitative field (eg. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science).
- 5 years of experience in consumer-facing product analytics, especially social media and user interaction data analysis.
- Minimum 3 years managing a team.
- Experience using multiple models and methods for measuring, analyzing, and reporting on user interaction data.
- Extensive experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience extracting data and deriving insights to facilitate product development
- Experience with user growth and retention in an Internet-based company a plus
- An effective manager and communicator who can articulate a clear direction for the team, set expectations for performance, and foster a positive working environment.
- A coach and mentor who sets an example for the team and encourages new ideas.
- Patience, a sense of humor, and an equal willingness to teach and learn.
People come to Tumblr to expand their perspectives. They join a community and a cultural dialogue that exposes them up to new ideas, new passions, and new forms of self-expression. People seem to really like this thing we’ve built, and we need smart, humble, funny people to keep it running and growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
Want to learn more about Tumblr? Visit https://www.tumblr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lead Data Analyst
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Data Scientist (Growth SF)
Postmates, San Francisco
Manager, Supply Chain Business Analytics
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Director of Data Science
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Director of Business Intelligence
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Oslo, Norway