We're looking for an experienced product designer to help us invent and design new ways of connecting people to communities and topics they're into—or might get into because of Tumblr. From user-problem definition to pixel-perfect designs and implementation, our team leads the product development process across our mobile and web apps. The Tumblr community is the most creative on the internet, and we owe them our best.
As a product designer, you’ll:
- Design inventive, intuitive, and fun product experiences for millions of people.
- Quickly prototype new and novel ways for people to enjoy and bond over shared interests.
- Work with product managers to determine user problems and goals and then deliver multiple original solutions.
- Think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how should it look' but also 'why are we building it’).
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to learn, refine, and iterate on your designs.
- Present and explain design decisions to the rest of the company.
- Work closely with our user researcher to test designs and assumptions on living, breathing, feeling people.
- Oversee builds, making sure engineering is armed with the specs and prototypes they need to successfully build a thing.
- Collaborate with our copy and communication teams to maintain a consistent voice.
- Give and receive feedback with other designers throughout the week and in critique, and continually raise your own bar for quality.
- Organize and refine our own resources and processes.
- Identify the needs of our users and propose new ideas and opportunities.
We’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience designing mobile applications.
- Exceptional UX/UI skills with experience shipping and iterating on consumer products.
- Strong visual design and art direction skills.
- Strong prototyping skills (in code or using a prototyping tool). You’re constantly trying out new tools and you know which ones to employ to help convey an idea.
- Master of modern design tools: Sketch/Illustrator/Invision/Keynote/Google docs
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and the Google Material Design Guidelines.
- Strong writing ability. You can communicate verbally as well as visually, and you communicate often to make sure everyone is in the loop.
- Takes initiative and is constantly looking for new opportunities and ways to improve the way things are done.
- Humility and the ability to accept and manage feedback.
- Humor, niceness, and an allergy to the platitudes and jargon of the tech industry.
- A Tumblr user with a deep understanding of the product and community.
We’ll need to see:
- A portfolio with relevant work.
- 3-5 sentences about why you’d like to design for Tumblr.
People come to Tumblr to expand their perspectives. They join a community and a cultural dialogue that exposes them up to new ideas, new passions, and new forms of self-expression. People seem to really like this thing we’ve built, and we need smart, humble, funny people to keep it running and growing. We’re big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
Want to learn more about Tumblr? Visit https://www.tumblr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Product Manager, Teams
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Product Manager, Ad Tools
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Principal / Lead Product Designer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Codecademy, New York
Product Manager, Revenue – Measurement
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA