Technical Product Manager, Streaming and Broadcaster Services
TuneIn, San Francisco
CHANGING THE WAY YOU LISTEN.
What You Will Do
- Lead the product development of the audio streaming platform
- Provide guidance for potential streaming partners and establish onboarding procedures and tools for supporting new content
- Work with broadcasters to understand their needs and stream hosting requirements
- Troubleshoot streaming support and instream ad issues on both the server and media player end
- Participate in engineering sprint planning, and testing, and help ensure on-time delivery of features for the streaming engineering team
- Work with the Content team to develop new features and automation that will enhance their stream management workflow
- Develop and share streaming standards with potential content partners
- Define and execute a next-generation vision that will push the streaming experience to be the industry leader
- Work to enhance the audio monetization process with new approaches to pre-roll and in-stream advertising
- Enhance the metadata flows to enable near real-time delivery to enrich the TuneIn audio experience
- Work with User Support to identify and tackle user issues in the streaming experience
- Risk management, including the identification and management of risks, judgments about product quality, and managing resource allocation
- 5+ years of experience working in streaming and/or broadcast technology
- Experience with backend services
- Experience working with SDKs and APIs
- Understands differences between streaming technologies/protocols, especially HLS, icecast/shoutcast, RTMP, Zixi, SRT, SCTE-35, etc
- Ability to organize and participate in requirement and design brainstorming sessions
- Experience writing project specs, technical requirements, test cases, and technical documentation
- Able to take a stream URL and (given the right tools) perform analysis, extract metadata, and interpret the properties of the stream
- Comfortable with command line/terminal use for problem-solving
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Computer science background or relevant hands-on technical experience
- Experience with transport streams, audio cue tones, and broadcast signal acquisition is a plus but not required
- Experience in a media organization
- Experience with AWS
TuneIn empowers people to hear exactly what they love the moment they want it, and discover a universe of audio, all in one place. We combine the power of audio, design, and technology to bring together live sports, up-to-the-minute news, curated music, millions of podcasts, and over 120,000 streaming radio stations. We are audio fanatics working for fanatics, always pushing to deliver the world’s best listening experience.
Want to learn more about TuneIn? Visit TuneIn's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Tech Jobs For You
Federal - Microsoft Dynamics/Power Platform Developer Associat...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA