About the job:
Twilio's customers send millions of communications every day. These communications are a firehose of micro-transactions, processed at a fraction of a penny at a time, millions of events per second. As a pay-as-you-go service, it's critical to both external and internal customers that we bill transactions in a timely and accurate manner. As a shared platform within Twilio, we have a responsibility to ensure that our systems can quickly and easily scale to support new products, 3rd-party integrations and new use-cases. As a member of the Billing Platform team, you'll have an opportunity to take on some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, data persistence, and more.
- Own and operate the quote-to-cash architecture of Twilio, end-to-end.
- Work directly with R&D management & finance to define, architect, build and test new internal and external facing services.
- Serve as an owner-operator of the billing services. Develop, assess, monitor, and roll-out plans to minimize operational risk and ensure that systems run smoothly from day one.
- Lead on-going reviews of solutions and architecture during design and development phase to ensure solution is aligned with product and customer requirements.
- Drive cross-functional architecture review board to maintain platforms scalability and resiliency.
- Continuously evaluate systems and technology to build & maintain a world-class billing platform.
In addition to 15 years experience in highly technical, architecture-centric roles, you should have at least 4 of the proficiencies below to be considered for the role:
- Q2C. Collaborate with technical experts to architect integrations with existing legacy systems complete quote to cash process. Third party cloud integrations very important
- BSS. Expert knowledge in architecting support systems for multiple business models.
- Data analysis. Knowledge and deep understanding of data integrity as it relates to Q2C process and different level of reporting to support transactional as well as operational reporting
- Cloud Infrastructure. You are proficient in cloud technologies and are hands-on in at least one cloud platform: GCC, AWS, or Azure. You are able to both design and develop cloud-based systems and operate them in an automated fashion.
- Security. You are able to design secure distributed systems and assure operational processes around security. You understand fitness for purpose of security techniques.
- Scalability. You understand scalability challenges and performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and performing-under-load systems.
- Agile. You are an expert in practical aspects of running Scrum (or other agile methodologies) within a team and in a distributed cross-team environment.
- You have maintained caching technologies such as Redis or Memcached at scale.
- You have experience building data applications with Spark, Presto, or Pig
- Sound understanding of build and development toolchains.
- Implemented and Architected different BSS/OSS systems to support complex multi-channel billing models
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Want to learn more about Twilio? Visit Twilio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Teads, Montpellier, Paris
Senior Data Engineer
Meetup, New York
Part Time Front End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Chicago
Senior Software Developer - Shopify Marketplace
Business Applications and Systems Lead
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires