Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced Technical Leader for the Twilio Flex Application Platform. The ideal engineer is passionate about building exceptional developer experiences. You are the right fit for this role if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, highly available, cloud-based, software platforms.
- Are an API-first developer who values the power of platforms.
- Enjoy working with multiple programming languages and can articulate how they fit into the long term technical vision for the team and the organization.
- Are proficient in at least one high level programming language to build server-side components and systems: Java, Lua, etc.
- Are highly collaborative and have excellent communication skills.
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs. You represent your customers, and you always work to enable their success.
You will be responsible for technical leadership across frontend and backend services that power the developer platform for Flex. These services run a high-availability edge service, open-source tools for frontend developers, UIs within Flex for system administrators, and APIs for extending Flex’s programmability. This team defines the primary interface that developers use to build and deploy their customizations to Flex.
In a typical week you will:
- Be a hands-on engineer contributing to and improving our code base while raising the bar of the quality of our platform.
- Provide mentorship to the engineering team on software development best practices and lead cross-team technical discussions and decisions.
- Collaborate with other senior technical leads across Twilio to drive a coordinated technical direction for the platform.
- Represent the Engineering Team within and outside the organization, both technically and culturally.
- Partner with the Product team to design for developers and find new ways to delight your customers.
Twilo Flex lies at the heart of Twilio’s strategic priorities. In this role, you would influence Twilio’s newest and fastest growing product. You would be a visible leader and would work closely with teams at every layer of the company. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.