Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market and we are looking for top-tier, proven Sales Account Executives (“AEs”) who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for selling to prospective Mid Market customers, developing a relationship as a trusted advisor, and deeply understanding their unique challenges and goals. You will contribute to our business growth in a fast paced, collaborative and fun atmosphere. The right candidate will have a proven, consultative sales process to discover and close new logos. Our AEs develop an understanding of prospects’ businesses, organize and conduct sales presentations at prospective and current customers’ offices, and represent Twilio in a consistent, effective and professional manner to best develop and win new clients.
We are looking for an experienced AE with a proven track record and also:
- 3-7+ yrs of quota carrying and account management experience in selling infrastructure software or platform solutions to company sizes ranging from Mid-Market to small Enterprise companies.
- Consistent and demonstrable over-achievement in past sales roles
- Credible, trusted partner with customers and their executive team.
- An exceptional prospecting skill set. Someone who is comfortable generating the bulk of their own pipeline.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and selling to a technical audience from a position of credibility and trust. Proficiency in Salesforce.com for tracking sales activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with a value-based sales process and the capability to build ROI models as part of your sales methodology.
- An ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive. Competitive spirit. Resourceful, coachable, drive to overachieve.
- Strong sales discovery skills, objection handling skills, closing skills, and business acumen.
- Experience in executing six-figure deals.
Mid-Market Account Executives (AEs) in APAC are responsible for developing the next wave of Twilio’s new customers with companies that have >100 employees and <1,000. AEs build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to develop sales by understanding and uncovering new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through communication solutions.
- Deliver Net New Sales from within your defined territory to attain your Sales Targets.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan while conducting territory visits to meet customers face to face at least 50% of your work time.
- Develop and execute sales plans with your cross-functional partners to drive predictable sales cycles.
- Maintaining accurate information within our CRM and Providing reliable forecasts to the business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their services.
This position will be located in our office in Singapore. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, game area, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact,seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint, that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.