Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an experienced Business System Architect to join the IT team; we will consider remote US-based applicants for this role. You are right for this role if you consider yourself a self-starter, technically hands-on; someone who is able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and can thrive in a growing environment. In addition, you work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints. The Business System Architect is responsible for solution engineering, recommending process improvements and implementing enhancements to our ERP system. This individual will be primarily responsible for interface automation between NetSuite (our current finance platform) and other key business systems (e.g. Coupa, Workday, Salesforce.com). This role is expected to contribute in transforming the company's financial systems over the next 2+ years by implementing scalable solutions aligned with business needs to support company’s growth and potential mergers & acquisitions.
Twilio is looking for a Business System Architect with:
- 8+ years of experience with ERP systems, including 4+ years of hands-on technical experience with NetSuite or similar SaaS products for subscription and other recurring revenue
- Hands-on experience with building and designing REST, SOAP, XML over HTTP APIs
- Past experience in SuiteFlow, SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, or similar integration technologies.
- Experience in the field of middleware frameworks like SOA, API, ETL and Web Services based integrations
- Experienced building and maintaining interfaces between SaaS applications such as NetSuite, Salesforce, Workday, Anaplan, Zuora, Celigo, Tesorio, ServiceNow, etc.
- Thorough understanding of ERP modules - including order-to-cash (invoicing, accounts receivable, revenue recognition), procure-to-pay (purchasing, receiving, accounts payable) and record-to-report (general ledger, fixed assets, multibook and billing)
- Backend expertise to assist end users in saved searches, custom reports and dashboards to meet operational and audit needs, as well as developing and maintaining customized fields and workflow
- Process driven individual with excellent communication skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into business system based solutions working preferred
- Team oriented with a collaborative approach toward problem-solving
- Hands-on experience supporting high-volume transactions
- Proficient using MS office, SQL & BI tools (Tableau, Looker) and Datawarehouse (RedShift, Snowflake)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Collaborate with Finance and other stakeholders to assess business requirements, and formulate project plans to address these needs using NetSuite
- Design, develop, test and deploy ERP modules and enhancements build customizations using extensions and scripts to meet business needs
- Actively identify opportunities to leverage ERP functionality to improve efficiency
- Work with other technical teams to successfully integrate NetSuite with Coupa, Workday, Salesforce. com and other business systems
- Expertise building and designing web services with API, REST, JSON & XML
- Troubleshoot and debug production issues
- Experience with supporting internal audit and SOX IT control requirements
- Ensure that change control procedures are implemented and used for all production deployments
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Attitude & work ethic adaptable to change in a fast-paced work environment
The Twilio IT organization is on a mission to hire the very best employees and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with the various functional teams. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact on how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral into growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in one of our US based offices or can be fully remote. If you’re in an office, you will enjoy our perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice, and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 800 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Malmö, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.